Why do teams that crush the other team say "well played"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brinzy

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by True My Blade View Post
Yo op, I can see you are one of those people who take everything seriously so my suggestion is to turn off the All Chat option or you're going to have a bad time.
lol, ok. 2 years of playing without a single ban or a single incident of me flaming people in-game for saying ggwp, but if I make a thread on the OBVIOUSLY fake "sportsmanship" that people don't even know how to tactfully apply, it means I take everything too seriously.

Thank god I don't have to deal with these dumb accusations in real life.

cocacolalips

11-19-2012

Yeah, fake modesty, hypocrisy, whatever you call it, it's FAKE. Players and gamers have always been that bitter.

It's like the Honorable Opponent thing. I only get honored when I lose. Odd HA?

AllieKapowie

11-19-2012

Hi, Brinzy, just stumbled onto the topic somehow. I was in that game and said that, and wanted to apologize because it offended you. I type that out every game when the surrender vote is passed or when the nexus is about to be destroyed win or lose, and so it wasn't an attack on your actual play. I'll watch what I write in the future.

I do hope, however, that you don't think ill of everyone that says ggwp. I think most of the time there's no hostility in it.

Again, sorry. It wasn't an insult nor was it honor-whoring. Just an automatic response on my part.

Brinzy

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonra View Post
Your tone made it sound like you were initially bent out of shape, and now you are getting defensive. It doesn't take someone having to "psychologically break down what kind of person you are" to see that.
Even if we're anonymous on the internet, I should be able to defend my character without being called "too defensive" and "too serious" and "too butthurt" as if you guys shape what kind of person I actually am.

It was an unnecessary comment anyway. If you disagree, you disagree, but please don't try to analyze me more and stick to the subject of the thread.

Brinzy

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieKapowie View Post
Hi, Brinzy, just stumbled onto the topic somehow. I was in that game and said that, and wanted to apologize because it offended you. I type that out every game when the surrender vote is passed or when the nexus is about to be destroyed win or lose, and so it wasn't an attack on your actual play. I'll watch what I write in the future.

I do hope, however, that you don't think ill of everyone that says ggwp. I think most of the time there's no hostility in it.

Again, sorry. It wasn't an insult nor was it honor-whoring. Just an automatic response on my part.
I hope this thread didn't come across as personal (although it's cool someone in-game actually posts here).

I think I'm just venting because I was on a forever losing streak tonight. No harm done.

Sawako Sensei

11-19-2012

i hate when people say wp because it just feels so fake and forced.

FlynnOFlenniken

11-19-2012

I usually assume they're just after honor, but I'm cynical.

ImNotSoGrump

11-19-2012

omg people are just crying for the sake of crying.. why doesnt Riot just remove chat all together... i never see anything constructive posted in chat anyways.. just remove chat

GG WP

Ragain

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinzy View Post
So much logic in so much space! What a crime!

No but seriously, I am glad a few of you understand where I am coming from with this.
But he is incorrect. He is correct about how it worked in Starcraft, but saying good game at the end of a game comes way before Starcraft. This very issue was around with basic sports akin to Baseball and the like.

Short story is seriously, get over it.

Xonra

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinzy View Post
Even if we're anonymous on the internet, I should be able to defend my character without being called "too defensive" and "too serious" and "too butthurt" as if you guys shape what kind of person I actually am.

It was an unnecessary comment anyway. If you disagree, you disagree, but please don't try to analyze me more and stick to the subject of the thread.

The subject of the thread is -you- are bothered by something that isn't meant to insult anyone, but quite the opposite.

You can't seem to logically understand how someone isn't insulted by saying " well played " and I can't logically understand how you can be. the person saying it is trying to show respect. whether you personally like the statement doesn't change the person's intent.