Why do teams that crush the other team say "well played"

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brinzy

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiragaIV View Post
Surprise: You can play well but still lose.
I guess the word "crush" didn't get the implication off.

CyanBloodbane

11-19-2012

What, you want them to say 'GG NOOBS" instead?

Jiz Khalifa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

because if you say anything else this whiny community full of butthurt losers will report you for it, no matter what it is

take it as good sportsmanship, and stop thinking about it

Durendal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

for a lot of people its an immediate response, and they don't think about it. For me, I don't say it unless I mean it, but that can even happen on landslide victories 21-3 or whatever. If the people still warded, communicated, organized ganks that came close, and genuinely refused to give up its still well played.

If each team-fight the winning team barely makes it out, yet the losing team is getting frustrated at the loss, it can still be well played (they didn't facecheck bushes and turret dive when behind etc).

Also a habit from playing soccer while growing up...every...damn...game

Zetasphere

11-19-2012

Just because one team has a strong showing and dominated the other doesn't mean it wasn't well- played. The losing team can still play well but be outmatched and defeated for any variety of reasons. Those Summoners who keep going after having people d/c or quit? They're probably going to get stomped, but they can play well.

It's not about winning or losing. Be a nice person, a good person. Be a good sport.

Burn the Witches

11-19-2012

its called "I'd rather not be a jerk and say gg2ez"

MaruFrozen

11-19-2012

Because they think they're being sporting, but in reality no one wants to hear 'Well played guys!' after they got crushed especially if they did poorly. GG is a handshake, wp is fine if the game was hard fought, but otherwise it's an insult to most.

HeartlessXiao

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaruFrozen View Post
Because they think they're being sporting, but in reality no one wants to hear 'Well played guys!' after they got crushed especially if they did poorly. GG is a handshake, wp is fine if the game was hard fought, but otherwise it's an insult to most.
It's an insult only if you're overthinking it.

You know it's not the intent. You only have yourself to blame for feeling butthurt about it.

havikryan

11-19-2012

i say gg enemy gets mad
i say wp enemy gets mad

there is nothing left to show goodsportsmanship...

ChaseWins

11-19-2012

Just because you won 21-3 didn't mean one of the lanes didn't cut it close on a lot before snowballing. I tend to say it simply to keep.from knocking other down.

123456 ... 8