Tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PureGG

11-19-2012

Is it just me, or are people starting to abuse tribunal more than usual? Out of about 10 cases I went through today, 7-8 of them were pardons because they would either be reported for feeding as a support with like 21 assists and 8 deaths, or for verbal abuse when the person is telling someone how to improve, or even in one case in a twisted tree line there were 2 guys on skype who just started going off on the third guy and both reported him...

I am asking this as a fellow player, why do we do this to each other? We all enjoy this game, we all (or most of us) are decent human beings, so why does everyone act like this? It ruins the fun of the game, and many people will agree with me on this, yet no one does anything about it...

There is no amount of rules, honor systems, or more advanced tribunal systems that will fix this, so that leaves us with duty... start by forgiving the next person you play with for making a mistake and kindly tell him how he could do better next time instead of calling him a noob.

Lady Caitlyn

11-19-2012

I've been asking myself that, to be honest, and I'm still far away from getting answers. Lately I've been through a lot of games where people will simply be rude just because and report for no reason at all. Makes no sense. And sad part is, most of the time the issues start right on champion selection, specially when someone insta locks or two people call mid. I mean... This is a team game, you're suppose to get along (or at least try to) with your fellow champions and work together. Mistakes are made, here and there. Happens. One way too early gank here, a fail ulti there... Its just a matter of talking things up and just be polite. But no. Usually, like you said, people just go with the noob and hit report, most of the time for no reason at all.
Its sad really.
Just a few hours ago I was matched with a premade. They called bot and top and I was left to go mid; so I picked Syndra because I felt like playing her. Right on the champion select screen I got called a noob for picking Syndra. Politely I asked what was the issue and the reply I got was "She sucks. You're a noob". Needless to say I started the match not in my best mood but of course I did my best to not fail my team. I didn't fed, I assisted them the best I could and yet got called a noob everytime someone decided to charge into a 1v5 fight and I wouldn't follow. I don't know if I was reported or not because with premades you never know.

Joe Krake

11-19-2012

the tribunal isn't end all to be all. They just flow in due to the amount of reports in a short amount of time. The report button can be used by anybody. And I mean anybody. Chances are those people will get pardoned.

PureGG

11-19-2012

It's not the fact that they will be pardoned anyways, its the fact that as a community, we shouldn't treat each other like this. I like to see a gaming community as a kind of family, we fight with each other, but we make up just as fast. Sort of like how Starcraft used to be (and might still be, haven't played in a while). Being polite should be a social norm.. but instead BM has become the social norm... Riot cannot fix this, we have to fix it ourselves... I'm just sick of how people act, I mean yeah I have my days where I rage and call people bad and what not, but 90% of the time I say sorry and try to get along.

ZapatillaLoca

11-20-2012

my guess..? its self-centered people, with a huge sense of entitlement, who find it amusing to behave in the most horrible way possible thanks to internet anonymity, are responsible.

GFireflyE

11-20-2012

I'm finding most of the complaints I review are of verbal abuse or bad language concerns. (14/20)

The last couple (6/20) tend to be intensionally feeding concerns, often because of a troller and often eventaully afks.