Thornmail should apply Grievous Wounds to attackers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyhan

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InShortSight View Post
i just dislike how thornmail is magic damage, 30% of a 100 damage attack = 30, - average magic resist of 100, halfs that to = 15, aand with a full bloodthirster the adc will still heal for 5% plus who autoattacks someone with thornmail.

Even I dislike where what i was saying up there is going(nowhere specific really), but I'm dumb so ill post that much anyway.

Thornmail needs moar stats, just not worth the item slot when other items give the same stats + +
Thornmail also reflects 30% of the unreduced damage, whereas lifesteal works off the reduced damage.

So say you had 50% armor pen and they have 200 armor. You're dealing half damage. You would need 30% lifesteal to negate the reflect damage with 100 MR.

seajaydub

11-19-2012

That would be beyond overpowered.

mtrx005

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajaydub View Post
That would be beyond overpowered.
Yeah, inflicting grievous wound would take thornmail from not even being viable to being OP. Grievous wound is that good. That's why everyone's always buying Morello's.

amirite?

Tempestphile

11-19-2012

people don't realise Grevious wound is only 50%

well fed AD Yi can lifesteal for like 80 per hit at like 1.5 AS...

And then if they have a nunu...

seajaydub

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrx005 View Post
Yeah, inflicting grievous wound would take thornmail from not even being viable to being OP. Grievous wound is that good. That's why everyone's always buying Morello's.

amirite?
Oh, I'm sorry, does Morello's have 100% uptime? Is Morello's a defensive item? No? No?

pramit the great

11-19-2012

the problem imo is that, the lifesteal will apply to other champs as well. Like a ap mage can get grievious wounds by AA a tank once. This is just a example. Also the fact that its a direct counter to champs like ww who depend on their sustain.

As long as the concept is good, the number's don't matter(as they can be changed anytime), says our lead champion designer.

i like this idea personally

somewhere

11-19-2012

i heard they are already going to nerf lifesteal so i dont think this will be needed.

Brobat

11-19-2012

Wow. That is actually a really good idea.

silenthunt

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombifiedAngel View Post
I would love this, actually.
Something needs to be done about fed Yi's/Xin's/AD Sion's(aside from not letting them get fed in the first place), since Ignite isn't up all the time.
Xin maybe, but if your team can't get organized enough to kill Yi or Sion you deserve to lose.

Pianoman7117

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by De4thsk1ll View Post
so basically you want an item that makes the enemy die by hitting you without you doing anything? thats broken.
Rammus says hi.