@RIOT : IMPORTANT! (regards : Pando Media Booster)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Extra Lunatic

11-19-2012

Hi RIOT,

I know you make use of this little thing called Pando Media Booster for your game. You make it install on our computer but you know what? This thing is really bad, it's a program that has a peer-to-peer functionality. It uploads a bunch of data every now in then to random machines and is overall a security leak to any computer that is treated with even the least bit of attention. Anti-viruses don't like it, critics don't like it, technicians really hate it.

Well RIOT... does it really have a place in the download process of your game? I mean, I understand if you don't want your game to be downloaded from your servers by everyone and want a peer-to-peer approach, but y'know, there's torrents for this, not some ****ty spyware like tool that installs silently and throws html stuff at some random addresses at random.

I know you rely on it for patches too, but is it really worth the cost? I mean I really hate it personally and I don't think anyone deserves crapware to be installed on their computer, and by crapware I mean a silent program that uploads stuff without asking for consent.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

11-19-2012

Sorry, I think I accidentally posted the log piece in this thread.

PMB is only used for the primary install. Once you have LoL on your computer you can uninstall Pando, disable peer-2-peer transfer and patch/play just fine.

Extra Lunatic

11-19-2012

Sorry pal, you don't seem to understand. I'm not saying I'm having a technical problem with LoL. I'm asking why LoL installs Pando Media Booster.

Chiychiystan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

I'm having a problem installing PMB and its really getting on my nerves. It says my firewalls are preventing it from downloading LoL on my new computer, so I tried going on the Pando page for help but their help is useless. Can anyone help?