Smurfs something needs to be done

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maia Kurenai

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSilas View Post
I suggest this often and it might help...
if you join/creat a custom lobby titled according to lvl "1-10 only", " lvls 1-15", etc you'll have control of who gets to play. You may still run into smurfs, but in my experience it's far less often.

On a related note think about other multiplayer games. It can be frustrating early on, because when you first start playing you run into players with higher skill. It's a matter of accepting defeat and learning from it.
I do that with my ARAM for Newbies game, but still high levels/smurfs continue to join the game.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-19-2012

and that's why I'm glad they give the option to boot

abzilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh u guys are being way too rough on the noobies. This game is meant to be fun. My wife and I played together and I tried really hard to not to be THAT smurf. To all the new players, it sucks, it really really sucks, Unfortunately there's no real way to stop smurfing, so just please hold on tight until level 11 where smurfs stop playing those accounts.

And to the people telling the new players to watch and learn, are u freaking kidding me? You're asking them to figure out why they're losing when they just started the game? They barely know the mechanics, let alone the champs they're facing. Seriously damn, how pro were you when you started? I was good because I came from HoN and DOTA, but a lot of people, including my wife, may have never seen a MOBA game.... give em slack and understand their feelings.

TwistWrist

11-19-2012

Yes, I'm always going to ask them to learn. And if they have questions, then I'll answer them.

Because there are already systems in place to deal with smurfs and his claim that "nothing is being done about this at all" is not true. What he is asking for is already in the game.

Nor will his claim that "lifeless sad community full of trolls and smurfs" or "worst in game support" really garner any sympathy from me.

I'm willing to help. And the best way to enjoy the game is to realize that the game is about learning how to play the game so you can win. Not just winning.

If your approach is sympathy, then good for you. It isn't mine.

Poke Mclovin

11-19-2012

make league P2P problem solved or atleast have a p2p server ....

As for sympathy im not asking for one look around the forums and ingame this community is full of trolls and smurfs im sure you know that if you dont your abit of an idiot ....
It doesnt take much to be a decent player but instead people choose the scumbag option and re roll to kill noobs some ''Lifeless" community this really is

TwistWrist

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke Mclovin View Post
make league P2P problem solved or atleast have a p2p server ....

As for sympathy im not asking for one look around the forums and ingame this community is full of trolls and smurfs im sure you know that if you dont your abit of an idiot ....
It doesnt take much to be a decent player but instead people choose the scumbag option and re roll to kill noobs some ''Lifeless" community this really is
And people wonder why I have no sympathy for people who complain and make excuses.

Regardless, your complaints are meaningless since Riot already had stuff to deal with smurfs and you do need to learn more about the game.

You can keep complaining if you want but it won't make a difference.

Poke Mclovin

11-19-2012

i dont wonder at all mate you appear to be an arogent person who's opinion actually matters tho it doesnt of course ... troll more

TwistWrist

11-19-2012

Quote:
i dont wonder at all mate you appear to be an arogent person who's opinion actually matters tho it doesnt of course ... troll more
Ah, yes, I am an arrogant troll now for saying that your original complaints are pointless because LoL already has things that mitigate smurfs as oppose to your claim of "nothing is being done about this at all". And that you do need to fix your own game first.

Oh woe is me. How will I ever handle your accusations.

Oh wait, it doesn't matter.

GON the Mage Guy

11-19-2012

Quote:
lets see... im playing lux lately im warding mid both bushes, building m/pen items hp items like crystal septer ect ganking last hitting creeps ulting creeps for farm and yet the smurfs troll with tehre champs ... not much you can do mate think about my reply and yours ive defantly learnt but yeah .. think ..
I think a lot of it is attitude as well. Thinking you're King Banana is all well and good, but when you're actually applying it, it's not working.

Lux is a high damage zoning champ. Cooldown and damage should be your priority first, health second. In your most recent games, you never actually build anything, you just cobble together items. In your 55-minute game, you built Lich Bane without any real AP behind it. None of your games involve a Deathcap. You claim to rush Rylai's, but I don't see it. I see a 2/3 built Void Staff and Archangel's, but that's about it. You have 0 Magic Pen. Your minion count is abysmal.

No, I don't believe you've learned. You're level 8. You have plenty of time to learn. Unless you have a large amount of cooldown (Ionian boots isn't enough) you shouldn't be using your ult for creep waves.

ANY DEALZ

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTangerine View Post
This.
You get your RP reward at level 10, so anyone interested in smurfing will just make another account.
Exactly.