Smurfs something needs to be done

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poke Mclovin

11-19-2012

I am new to league of legends i have a lvl 7 account

I'm so tired of people making new accounts just to bean/ pick on new players.Something needs to be done about this maybe 8/10 games are full of smurf teams there is no chance of winning when people like myself and many others cant actually play people on our skill level insted we get people re rolling over and over just to own us... Why doesn't riot implement something to stop this ? I have wanted to quit the game twice now how many people have actually quit because of this lifeless sad community full of trolls and smurfs worst in game support i have ever seen and nothing is being done about this at all ....

CowMeat

11-19-2012

Stay patient. Get to level 12. Most smurfs will not level the account to that point. If you have a good attitude and some computer skills you will begin enjoying the game more. Also, learn from the smurfs. If they are beating you badly look at what they buy and how they play.

Summary: It gets better. Smurfs are mean teachers.

Míley Dyrus

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMeat View Post
Stay patient. Get to level 12. Most smurfs will not level the account to that point. If you have a good attitude and some computer skills you will begin enjoying the game more. Also, learn from the smurfs. If they are beating you badly look at what they buy and how they play.

Summary: It gets better. Smurfs are mean teachers.
This.
You get your RP reward at level 10, so anyone interested in smurfing will just make another account.

Drakojan

11-19-2012

I had the same problem, but to be honest, it made me a better player. Think about it... You get facerolled constantly by people 25 levels higher than you. It'll teach you what to buy for certain champions, how to play certain champions, etc. Now, when ou get to like level 13, you'll be better than the people at your level because you took note of the people who stomped you. Also, you can add me if you like and we can duo queue together, i'm not very good at this game, but I could help you out :).

Poke Mclovin

11-19-2012

getting snowballed is not fun AP TF Kale singed people smurfing with these champs just faceroll new people like myself its horrible theres a 5% chance you will have a 5v5 with new people .. who in there right mind wants to play or can even enjoy a game when there is this going on .. sure the skill match ups will make you raise your own skill level but at what cost taking the FUN out of the game?

GON the Mage Guy

11-19-2012

Learn.

That's the majority of what this game is, is learning. Are you paying attention to WHY they're beating you, or are you just blaming it on smurf accounts? I'm willing to bet not all of them are smurfs, they're just picking things up quicker.

Are you warding? Buying defenses when it calls for it? Is your opponent more AP or AD heavy? Are you building something that suits your character? Does your opponent have more defenses? Are you accounting for that? Are you getting a good amount of gold income? Are you working with your teammates and watching what they do?

You're level 7, don't expect this game to be easy or forgiving. As long as you're patient, watch, learn and react, you'll be fine. But at a low level, I'm certain there's plenty of bad habits that you have that are getting you killed.

Poke Mclovin

11-19-2012

lets see... im playing lux lately im warding mid both bushes, building m/pen items hp items like crystal septer ect ganking last hitting creeps ulting creeps for farm and yet the smurfs troll with tehre champs ... not much you can do mate think about my reply and yours ive defantly learnt but yeah .. think ..

Fs Son0fSilas

11-19-2012

I suggest this often and it might help...
if you join/creat a custom lobby titled according to lvl "1-10 only", " lvls 1-15", etc you'll have control of who gets to play. You may still run into smurfs, but in my experience it's far less often.

On a related note think about other multiplayer games. It can be frustrating early on, because when you first start playing you run into players with higher skill. It's a matter of accepting defeat and learning from it.

Splurged

11-19-2012

Play bots till 12. No smurf levels past there. If you play bots you'll want smurfs on your team so they can teach you. I created a smurf account to help players in bots.(i dont play pvp on it because its a waste of time.)

TwistWrist

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke Mclovin View Post
lets see... im playing lux lately im warding mid both bushes, building m/pen items hp items like crystal septer ect ganking last hitting creeps ulting creeps for farm and yet the smurfs troll with tehre champs ... not much you can do mate think about my reply and yours ive defantly learnt but yeah .. think ..
You can stop building Tear on Lux. Kind of a **** item on her.

Chalice is cheaper and will pretty much give you more mana than enough mana for laning. Plus, Grail is better than AA Staff on Lux.

In your last four games which were all around 25 minutes, you've had 28-66 minions...which is really low.

I assure you that you have plenty of room to improve.

Also, Riot does have things to deal with smurfs. Elo matchmaking by itself will shoot them up if they are actually any good. Some red said that they have things in matchmaking to try to match smurfs with other smurfs.

However, smurf-detection will always be tricky since IP addresses are worthless.

Not really sure why you as a level 8 thinks you fully understand what Riot is doing. There really isn't going to be a cureall for this issue.