Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Unintentional Hecarim nerf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FullMetalSnorlax

11-19-2012

NEW EDIT: Riot has increased Hecarims base AD by 3, don't know if this means they plan to change the irregularity with his passive yet, but it apparently still acts like you have 320 base movement speed.

We can also still discuss how the wanderer mastery sucks on him in comparison to swiftness. (you don't get the damage boost in combat )

I will just leave this here so people wont get confused on what this was all about:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

old eddit: Apparently Riot set it up so that Hecarim's passive now counts his bonus movement speed +25, this is also a good buff to compensate for how starting boots is far less of an option for him in the jungle. Bravo Riot for thinking of this .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warpath:
"Hecarim ignores unit collision and gains attack damage equal to 10% / 12.5% / 15% / 17.5% / 20% / 22.5% / 25% of his bonus movement speed."

With the reduction of MS from boots Hecarim now has 2.5 to 6.25 less AD.
ok ok that sounds redundant, but for jungle Hecarim this makes early clears harder when the jungle is already more difficult to start with, causing you to base too often or be lower HP for ganks.

1 & 1/2 solutions I can think of to compensate for this:

1. Increase his passive % at early levels.
Ex: 20% / 21.5% / 23% / 24.5% / 26% / 27.5% / 28% this would this way he would be loosing 0 to 5.5 AD wich is fine considering there are new boot upgrades for him late game.

1/2. Let Hecarim use two sets of boots since he has 4 legs.
Ex: If I bought 2 boots of speed it would give me 50 MS but a third pair would not stack.

ok the second one was kinda dumb but he needs something Riot!

DarkDre

11-19-2012

You know I never really thought about this.
This hurts his early game by a lot. I know people might say it will come back late game when he gets 3rd tier boots but if you think about it the amount of damage he is losing early game won't help him scale into late game.

Talamare

11-19-2012

I would say this is not an ignorable indirect nerf

Definitely buff his passive to compensate to 20% / 22.5% / 25% / 27.5% / 30% / 32.5% / 35%

Xyltin

11-19-2012

I'm sure Riot will buff him if he needs it.

I like 17% / 18.5% / 20% / 21.5% / 23% / 24.5% / 26% actually the best.
It is still a minor (really minor) nerf early, but around the same late (you nearly get the same amount of bonus MS late if you want to).

I think these numbers are the best to start with, cause they are so close in numbers to the current hec.

NotBuzzJack

11-19-2012

Considering every move speed item was nerfed, they should just buff it at all ranks.

Xyltin

11-19-2012

Quote:
NotBuzzJack:
Considering every move speed item was nerfed, they should just buff it at all ranks.

They got nerfed, but you still get +15 MS or +12% for the extra boots upgrade, what makes the nerf late game pretty minor (-10 MS and some DR probably what leads to around 3-4 less AD only), so the max late game number should be around 28%. But the problem is not his late game AD bonus, but how much he can get to make ti better through his early game, what is the hard phase for him to get through.

IonDragonX

11-19-2012

Please stop asking for this...... Hecarim is in a good place in the PBE. Riot might pay attention and might nerf his other abilities or stat because right now:

Boots of Swiftness Enchanted for Furor
Frozen Fist
Spirit Visage
Zephyr

These core items are just ridiculous on his kit right now. Not nearly as expensive as the Trinity Force/Randuins/FoN/Merc Tread that I used to build.

As to worrying about his passive so much, the boot Enchantments are the answer. The movement soft cap is too easy to hit as it is. have fun with Homeguard+Teleport

Exadin

11-19-2012

Quote:
FullMetalSnorlax:
Warpath:
1/2. Let Hecarim use two sets of boots since he has 4 legs.
Ex: If I bought 2 boots of speed it would give me 50 MS but a third pair would not stack

ao elise should be able to use 4 pars of boots then? and wat about sej and the others that have more then 2 legs?

Vulking

11-19-2012

Quote:
IonDragonX:
Please stop asking for this...... Hecarim is in a good place in the PBE. Riot might pay attention and might nerf his other abilities or stat because right now:

Frozen Fist
Spirit Visage
Zephyr

These core items are just ridiculous on his kit right now. Not nearly as expensive as the Trinity Force/Randuins/FoN/Merc Tread that I used to build.

As to worrying about his passive so much, the boot Enchantments are the answer. The movement soft cap is too easy to hit as it is. have fun with Homeguard+Teleport

Not too sure about Zephyr, Hec will me most of the time jungling so he will do better with the Spirit of the Ancient Golem which already give tenacity which would make Zephyr a bit redundant with the wasted additional tenacity.

FullMetalSnorlax

11-19-2012

Quote:
IonDragonX:

Frozen Fist
Spirit Visage
Zephyr

upgrading boots an extra time for the +15 is not only not going to affect his early game, but also -25>+15 -_-

frozen fist gives AP, does Hec need AP? no he wants AD, you don't just get this instead of Trin Force and Randuins, its only worth getting if you know you will never be able to afford both due to having a weak early game.

Spirit visage, well we need some compensation for loosing FoN on him.

It sucks building into zephyr since it costs more than PD and doesn't build from anything that gives move speed. Also it's inefficient with merc treads wich you sometimes need to build on Hec.

Quote:
Exadim:
ao elise should be able to use 4 pars of boots then? and wat about sej and the others that have more then 2 legs?

Spiders can't wear boots silly.
And mounts don't count, Sejuani herself must wear the magic boots.