Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Champion Idea (support/mage)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xHarrada

11-18-2012

(Awesome chinese name), The Runic Priest
Support/Mage/Ranged
Places runes on the ground like traps.

(Passive) Runic Curse/Blessing: Runes apply a specific curse to enemies, and a specific blessing to allies. No more than 2 can effect a single target at one time. Curses/Blessings will disappear if not triggered within 5 seconds. No more than 4 Runes can be placed at one time, and no more than 2 of the same rune. Runes do not grant vision passed their own radius.

Fire Rune: Initial explosion + (Enemy) DOT with ignite effect, (team) Purifying flames that heal over time.
(Curse) Enemy is ignited with purifying flames, dealing x% of their max HP, and causing enemies around them to be ignited with a DOT/heal debuff
(Blessing) Allie is cleansed of current debuffs, and is healed for x% of their max HP.

Ice Rune: enemys near rune are slowed by (20/30/40/50)% for 2 seconds and reducing magic resistance. Allies in range gain Magic resist and Mana regen for the next 5seconds as well as their next basic attack deals bonus magic damage.
(Curse) If curse is triggered, Target consumed by ice(2 second stun) and slows other enemies near them by 30%.
(Blessing)The magic resistance is doubled for 5 seconds, and the allie receives (x amount of mana) instantly.

Earth Rune: Enemies are knocked in the direction depending on their position to the rune. Allies receive bonus armor for 5 seconds.
(Curse) Reduces enemies armor by (x amount) and reduces their physical damage by 20%
(Blessing) Allie receives a shield, absorbing (x amount) of damage over the next 3 seconds.

(Ultimate)Judgement: All existing curses and blessings are activated. (passive effect)Rune radius is increased by (10/20/30)%.
(cooldown is reduces based upon the number of curses/blessings consumed)

http://imgur.com/a/Ekr26
(just an idea of what runes might look like on the ground. point of view aside, of course)

This is just something I thought of while playing with rune spells in Skyrim. Let me know what you think.

Embargo

11-18-2012

Rin-Pei, The Runic Priest.

Harrada

11-18-2012

I'd buy it.

xHarrada

11-19-2012

Quote:
Embargo:
Rin-Pei, The Runic Priest.

like Lo-Pei from Jacki Chan Adventures? ;D
Not gunna lie, his look even fits well.

SkullKing

Recruiter

11-21-2012

The issue I see is that his runes could be easily avoided unless invisible. So they'd have to have large effects or be hard to see. Also, if all his moves are traps, he'd be pretty difficult to be useful in team fights.

Just my opinion.

Rav Abaddon

11-21-2012

You wanna know what other "Support/Ranged" was released with good harass ability and traps?

****ing Teemo.

EDIT: Oooh, on target Ashe arrow, shiny

oddish33

11-21-2012

Wow that would be pretty cool.