Three allied players leaving the game all at the same time and never returned

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sigil of LeBlanc

11-18-2012

Good Day,

I would like to ask what are your opinions for this. I am playing as Soraka. In the middle of the game, 3 out of 5 players disconnected all at once. It leaves me and cho'gath to deal with the others. We've waited for 5 to 10 minutes. However, they did not reconnect. We were overwhelmed by the enemy. Before falling through, we decided to do our best to beat them. Still, it was not enough. Then, Cho'gath disconnected from the game leaving me to deal with 5 enemy champions. I decided to surrender.

What are the consequences involved for people who leave the game like that? We consider the situation that 3 players left all at the same time. We've spent 20 minutes and they left us. I wonder what are your opinions about this especially for those who can judge on the tribunal.

Will you punish them or not?

Settero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeandroNueva View Post
Good Day,

I would like to ask what are your opinions for this. I am playing as Soraka. In the middle of the game, 3 out of 5 players disconnected all at once. It leaves me and cho'gath to deal with the others. We've waited for 5 to 10 minutes. However, they did not reconnect. We were overwhelmed by the enemy. Before falling through, we decided to do our best to beat them. Still, it was not enough. Then, Cho'gath disconnected from the game leaving me to deal with 5 enemy champions. I decided to surrender.

What are the consequences involved for people who leave the game like that? We consider the situation that 3 players left all at the same time. We've spent 20 minutes and they left us. I wonder what are your opinions about this especially for those who can judge on the tribunal.

this is more a case for leave buster. and if three people leave at the same time ,no notice, looks like a innocent lan group getting raped by internet outage. so if it showed up on tribunal , i very well may pardon.

Rignite

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeandroNueva View Post
Good Day,

Better question is why does LoL still not have a detection for d/cers not returning to games? Why are we still without a simple system like in DotA2 where after so many minutes of not returning, the game can be left freely by the rest with no worries of getting in trouble?

It's no secret that this game becomes nigh-unplayable and more importantly, a migraine in even most 4v5s, have such a system in place by now seems like just a common sense thing to do.

800eloPubtrash

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rignite View Post
Better question is why does LoL still not have a detection for d/cers not returning to games? Why are we still without a simple system like in DotA2 where after so many minutes of not returning, the game can be left freely by the rest with no worries of getting in trouble?

It's no secret that this game becomes nigh-unplayable and more importantly, a migraine in even most 4v5s, have such a system in place by now seems like just a common sense thing to do.
Riot's just too lazy, and don't listen to the bs argument of "the worst player will be harassed to leave" because the worst player tends to be harassed anyway.

Rignite

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800eloPubtrash View Post
Riot's just too lazy, and don't listen to the bs argument of "the worst player will be harassed to leave" because the worst player tends to be harassed anyway.
I also wish they would take into account how being forced to stay for games that really aren't playable can lead to toxic behavior from players who really might not show much otherwise.

Think about someone with a busy schedule who can really only find time for two games in a week. First game guy gets into there's an extremely early d/c, it could even be a rage as the player was not doing so well. Now that guy has to just stick with the game, even though it's completely unfair, no fun, and just a time sink at that point. Lets consider he has to put up with the usual trolling, folks talking **** about how much they're destroying the undermanned team, the undermanned team raging, etc etc. The usual.

Now with that waste of time finally out of their way, and lets even consider they couldn't surrender at all because of one player just wanting more kills, or not caring, or what have you, they sit down to play one more, their last for a while.

All it takes is a tiny spark to ignite the heck out of that poor guy, and with how we can expect to be trolled by at least one player a game in nearly every game at this point, chances are working against him. It won't even have to be anything too major, point is that the player was extremely unfairly agitated and not even by an actual game.

Heck think of how much toxicity, trolling, rage, every negative thing that just comes out in d/c games. The only people happy in a d/c game are the ones rushing 4 mans with 5 and walking out with easy aces every time, behavior itself that should be considered negative as hell and toxic.

What? Abusing unfair advantages that shouldn't normally occur in a game shouldn't be considered bad behavior? You must be joking.

Just think of how much **** could be outright avoided with such a system. Heck, I know if I even just had one free game leave a week without threat of getting in trouble for it, I could have avoided a great majority of my run ins.

Zudamour

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rignite View Post
I also wish they would take into account how being forced to stay for games that really aren't playable can lead to toxic behavior from players who really might not show much otherwise.

Think about someone with a busy schedule who can really only find time for two games in a week. First game guy gets into there's an extremely early d/c, it could even be a rage as the player was not doing so well. Now that guy has to just stick with the game, even though it's completely unfair, no fun, and just a time sink at that point. Lets consider he has to put up with the usual trolling, folks talking **** about how much they're destroying the undermanned team, the undermanned team raging, etc etc. The usual.

Now with that waste of time finally out of their way, and lets even consider they couldn't surrender at all because of one player just wanting more kills, or not caring, or what have you, they sit down to play one more, their last for a while.

All it takes is a tiny spark to ignite the heck out of that poor guy, and with how we can expect to be trolled by at least one player a game in nearly every game at this point, chances are working against him. It won't even have to be anything too major, point is that the player was extremely unfairly agitated and not even by an actual game.

Heck think of how much toxicity, trolling, rage, every negative thing that just comes out in d/c games. The only people happy in a d/c game are the ones rushing 4 mans with 5 and walking out with easy aces every time, behavior itself that should be considered negative as hell and toxic.

What? Abusing unfair advantages that shouldn't normally occur in a game shouldn't be considered bad behavior? You must be joking.

Just think of how much **** could be outright avoided with such a system. Heck, I know if I even just had one free game leave a week without threat of getting in trouble for it, I could have avoided a great majority of my run ins.

i love you sir, your a brilliant man. and i tottally agree i also dont like how we cannot report these trolls and rude individuals outside the game by just viewing there in game profiles. many things need to be done. riot does nothing and sits idly by.

Great Pyrenees

11-19-2012

Hello my friend =). The tribunal does not have to deal with this problem. The leavebuster system is in place and I can assure you that this kind of behavior will be instantly picked up on and punished in due course. Now what they did was super lame, but was it intentional? If in chat someone said they were going to leave on purpose then I would report that person and leave detailed information in the report. This person will 100% be punished by the LoL community. I am sorry you had this experience and I hope you have much better games in the future. Take care my friends =)