Any tips on Cass please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XeranMetaro

11-18-2012

Hello I have recently gotten bored of the whole Volibear/tank business so I decided to go for a mage which I am not good at so I chose my favorite mage Cassiopeia I played a bit in custom match against bots and did pretty well (then again it doesn't take a genius to own bots) I was confident found a decent build and decided to PvP...didnt go so well so my question is: what can I do to get better at Cass and not end up being a feeder and what lane is she best suited for

Hellioning

11-18-2012

Cass should always go mid. She doesn't have the survivability to go top and she offers nothing as a support except a tiny slow on her w.

Cass' entire difficulty lies in landing her spells. A good q can make or break a lane as you follow up with your e. If you can land your q often and know when to ult you know how to play Cass. Unfortunately, that's something that comes with practice that we can't help you with.

Tortio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Cass is a mid laner who is one of the hardest champions to learn. She is very skill shot reliant and to be honest i would start off with an easier mage to get used to before learning Cass

Ten Inch Rooster

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortio View Post
Cass is a mid laner who is one of the hardest champions to learn. She is very skill shot reliant and to be honest i would start off with an easier mage to get used to before learning Cass
I sort of disagree here. Starting off with a higher level skill cap champion is good for training as when you get done most other champions are easier to pick-up and play well. The secret to Cass is basically anticipating the movement of your opponent. Drop your Q where they are going, not specifically where they are. Then immediately claw them at least a couple times and then get back. Max Q first.

LieutenantPrince

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Inch Rooster View Post
I sort of disagree here. Starting off with a higher level skill cap champion is good for training as when you get done most other champions are easier to pick-up and play well. The secret to Cass is basically anticipating the movement of your opponent. Drop your Q where they are going, not specifically where they are. Then immediately claw them at least a couple times and then get back. Max Q first.
I play Cass fairly often, and i always max e first, able to punish them A LOT once you get it to rank 3, then once you get your ult you can almost always bring them from full health to death

Fs Son0fSilas

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortio View Post
I'd also disagree with this. I feel like the are others that are just as hard, if not harder to learn. That being said any champion takes time to truly master.

I would take the time to try as many free week champions as you can OP. Especially champions that rely heavily on skill shots.

If you are looking for some practice on Cass' Q, Karthus has a similar mechanic on his Q (damages after a slight delay). Her twin fang has a .5 CD on targets that are poisoned. Both Veigar and Annie need to time their Q's on last hits, which might help your reaction time. Her Miasma is a Zoning tool, this can be similar to Zigg's minefield. Also remember to smartcast, your reaction time willl go WAY up.

UPDATE! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/n...eason-week-1-0 both Karthus and Ziggs will be free this week

Taking time to learn other champions affords you the ability to not only adapt to the champion you are playing, but also gives you greater knowledge of what the enemy is capable of. This is why you'll see "x champion is OP!!!" on the forums the first week they are released. You don't know much about their kit, so you can't know how to fight against an unfamiliar enemy.

Vestuvius

11-19-2012

Cass isn't too hard. You just really need to learn to last hit with her, and then learn to predict movement (To a degree) so that you can harass and land your skillshots.

I learned on Orianna, who was a high skillcap champion. So you don't have to start with some easymode champ. Just keep playing with her, you'll get used to how she feels (Her attack animation, how long it takes for something to land, etc.)

As for the predicting movement, I've always noticed people always dodge the same way, so if you notice that pattern, you can aim your skillshots accordingly.

Andarel

11-19-2012

The difficulty with Cass isn't so much lander her skills (though that's a bit tricky) - it's keeping good positioning, especially in those lategame fights. She's a squishy AP who scales extremely well with raw damage as well as with being right up in the enemy's face to get the faster E reset. Also, landing good ults is mandatory to get the most out of her kit; that ult is amazing.

Focus on last-hitting and putting yourself in a position to capitalize on landing Q, because if you land your Q you can force almost anyone out of lane with E spam. Cass is a huuuuuge lane bully, and one of the strongest level 2 champs in the game. Unfortunately, if she gets caught out she's dead so...positioning is key. Don't forget that your only defensive move really is your ult, which is almost guaranteed to stun if they are chasing you down.

Vestuvius

11-19-2012

Oh, Also, pretend to be Garen. Hiding in a bush and ulting them in the face is very effective.

kebbiieeee

11-19-2012

a