Ranked truths about elo hell and ranked in general.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyraxis

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by herpderppwn View Post
So let me ask... why was Reginald unable to carry about of ELO hell?
He was having problems . . but then he put his big boy pants on and did.

FAA

11-18-2012

got buried. bump.

QQ Bro

11-18-2012

1200 elo is the midway mark (top 50%). i wouldnt call it good tho. it's not something to be ashamed of, but it certainly isn't good.

InstantLockHeim

11-19-2012

What a load of ****! I lost count how many leavers and feeders Iíve had! Yeah sure the elo system reflects me as a player! Sure if does ok letís recap!
I started off season 3 already in elo hell thanks to riot! Because I was already was in elo hell to begin with! My new season 3 elo reflects that! I understand! So I start off 5 games in a row with leavers! Yes no ****! 3 of which were 3v5 games! Then to top that off I guess the leavers werenít enough because then the feeders started coming in! ďIf I donít get ad carry Iím feedingĒ ďtop or I feedĒ
Sound familiar?
To add further insult to injury add some non-English speaking players that seem to think that a team game means running around by themselves and throwing the game is a brilliant idea and you have yourself in elo hell!
But of course I have complete control over that! Hence why my elo ratting reflects me as a player!
-_- am I missing something here?
Solo q = trolls game heaven!

FAA

11-19-2012

actually it probably does. since you instant lock heimer.

I can see it says junior member so that tells me that s3 is probably your first ranked? anyway it honestly probably does.

zeroempathy

11-19-2012

Sorry but I had almost half of my placement games have an AFK well before 15 min due to either perma-dc or rage quits (one dude even sat in fountain all game after not getting jungle as last pick.)
The other half had people who would split push lanes while the enemy took free uncontested barons despite begging to get there first for several minutes.
I was pumped to get back to gold, but that lasted about two games due to the above.

JulpaFTW

11-19-2012

I'm not that good a player, I probably belong in 1100-1200 IMO, and I'm fine with that. Ended season 2 at 1280 elo luckily, but after the reset I got 4 disconnects in a row on my team during my placement matches. Now i'm at 950 elo, and as mainly a support player, I'm having trouble carrying myself out when the adcarries I support don't even focus on lasthitting and often even leave midgame. I know i'll probably slowly climb back up to my true range, but elo hell IMO is the level of play in which it's tough to really impact the game because your team is really likely to **** you over. That being said, I think it's a decent system, although something needs to be done about leavers. IMO a leave from ranked games should be an instant ban.

DebosBike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoltenShots View Post
your elo reflects how you work as a team no matter who they are.
^^ this ^^

This all day as this!

If you are only good on a godly team that is perfect in every way.. then you just aren't that good.

JulpaFTW

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebosBike View Post
^^ this ^^

This all day as this!

If you are only good on a godly team that is perfect in every way.. then you just aren't that good.
I could agree with this, but how do you work with someone whose only intent is to troll you? Or who won't accept the fact that they have last pick and just spam "X role or I feed!"?

CapnChoGath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulpaFTW View Post
I could agree with this, but how do you work with someone whose only intent is to troll you? Or who won't accept the fact that they have last pick and just spam "X role or I feed!"?
Most likely it'll be the other team who receives them, as they have 5 players who could do this, while your team will only have 4.