Master Yi AD or AP

AD 14 60.87%
AP 9 39.13%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Master Yi AD or AP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scrappyboss13

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
Erm, I think you have it backwards. AP Yi does fine in pretty much all lanes.

AD Yi has a terrible time in most lane. Also, I wouldn't go double Bloodthirster. The second is rather situational at best. And really, would just go Vamp Scepter and Infinity Edge and do stupid damage. Though with the new items coming, things are definitely going to change. Still probably to need armor penetration though.
I guess you don't know Dunkmaster Yi

TwistWrist

11-19-2012

I guess you don't know League of Legends if you actually think AP Yi has any problem in lane. Come back when you can actually post some reasoning instead if posting bull and downvoting.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-19-2012

He has attack speed on his kit already. building more attack speed has diminishing returns. Wit's end maybe trinity at most for attack speed no more, definitely not phantom dancer on Yi, soo many bad Yi's buy Phantom Dancer, and his passive not worth building around. since you already have his ult that grants attack speed.

He has no AD ratios on any move. Only thing that would get better is his auto attack. Alot of other AD champions alteast have some AD ratios on their abilities. Nocturne, Irelia, Darius, Warwick, just to name a few.

With AP his heal becomes the most OP self heal in the game, at any point you can easily walk to a safe spot and heal your entire health bar no matter how low you were. It is something people take for granted, It's an amazing heal, just need some AP.

His alpha strike with AP grants out 4.0 AP damage if you hit 4 targets, This is like a Brand's ultimate on Yi's q with a much shorter cooldown. Absolutely the most damage from a harass move on any AP champ if it hits 4 targets and it WILL if there is 4 target in range of it, since it is just a point and click move. Only downside is it is not safe at all, you end up in the enemy team. If you are skilled you'd know how to get around this down side. You swoop in after the team fight has started, and pick up the pieces and assassinate people. You don't want to be the main tank of the enemy teams stuff.

In the lane phase AP yi's harass with healing makes AP Yi in lane, one of those things that can be ridiculous in some match ups. Pretty much immune to harass, but vulnerable to burst.

Those people who say Yi once CC'd is dead, don't realize that a couple of things. His ult makes him immune to slows, if he is stunned while healing he can just cleanse then use his ult to run, also he should not swoop in and be the main tank of the enemy fire, not an inniator, but if built tankier can be.

Wit's end is great on him, the on hit effect helps his auto attack, and he has no ad ratio's which makes wit's end a decent pick on him. no more attack speed after that is needed, also never get phantom dancer on yi, so many bad yi's do that. it's annoying.

One thing you must remember is that his Wuju style allows him to build AP and still do ok damage with his auto attack. So AP Yi>AD yi. Wuju style allows you to build AP and still have a legit auto attack.

TLDR: Basically a bruiser build of Wit's End, Phage, Wriggles is probably fine, with ap masteries and runes. So that in the lane phase you can be immune to harass with your heal, and dish out great harass, but later on with your items turn into a bruiser and be more useful in team fights rather than cannon fodder.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-19-2012

Not a fan of either...

My main issue is he affords no utility to his team. He is a hit and run assassin that cleans up kills and that's pretty much it. He is a solo queue pubstomper for this exact reason. You don't see him played competetively because he offers his team very little. If you shut hit down early, he's all but useless...

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-19-2012

Take exhaust, and rush bilgewater cutlass or phage/frozen mallet if you want cc at an earlier stage of the game.

His insane movespeed boost also will allow him to stick to targets regardless.

Some enemy compositions require your team to be able to stun or knock them up to interrupt them. Yi can't do that. If your team lacks stuns and knock ups then don't pick YI, you'll need a pick who can stun or knock up. If your team has lot's of CC then you can pick Yi since your team probably won't need MORE of those CC's, they'll need someone to capitalize on the CC's.

For example facing fiddlesticks, Yi won't be able to stop fiddle's drain, only way to stop the drain, is some form of interrupt. Stun, knock up, etc.

Scrappyboss13

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
I guess you don't know League of Legends if you actually think AP Yi has any problem in lane. Come back when you can actually post some reasoning instead if posting bull and downvoting.
Fact: One downvote doesn't mean that it would auto give you a (-1).
AP Yi starts off weak since he needs to get AP items instead of being able to go around and get last kills.
How are the stuff I post bull? And since when did someone know who downvoted?
You must be really trying to flame and troll hard on a New Player Forum for some reason....Can't even accept one person's views on a build...Jeez

Fs Son0fSilas

11-20-2012

^ his Q hits hard from the start, the only thing items will do is increase his damage with it and make his heal sustain him more, in addition to CDR and Lichbane. He does well, through out the entire game. Until late game when he can fall off hard.

I think the "bull" he was refering to was your Dunkmaster Yi comment, which didn't add anything to your arguement. It's not a "view" so much as an uneducated opinion at that point. Defend your statement before automatically assuming someone is trying to insite a flame war and troll.

The 420 Blazer

11-20-2012

AD is a lot better for new players, although AP can be good if you know what you're doing !

Zerophux

11-20-2012

I've tried both, and for some reason after like level 6 i always find myself dying waiting for q to refresh... I have however gone AP (mainly just two doran rings to own the lane until level 6 then switching to AD. AD yi wins over all for his Ult atk speed and his E are just too epic to ignore. Not to mention his Passive resets it all after a kill..

AP is good to win a lane low level but you'll pay for it mid-late game bad!