Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Master Yi AD or AP

AD 14 60.87%
AP 9 39.13%
Voters 23 .

Master Yi AD or AP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lone Leone

11-18-2012

AD or AP
And why?

KissingTheShadow

11-18-2012

AP isn't as useful late game where he only does good damage with his Q and nothing special while it's on cooldown.

Hellioning

11-18-2012

Both have their uses. AP Yi is kind of a gimmick but it CAN work if he gets fed early. AD Yi is safer but that isn't saying much.

Creepy4

11-18-2012

I like AD. His Q hits pretty hard for my tastes even without the AP.

I prefer the option of alpha striking a full health enemy and then dropping them in 2 seconds of E-boosted autoattacks to the option of alpha striking a damaged enemy and killing them but being useless against anyone who can survive the initial burst.

Tortio

11-19-2012

AP is for the burst and is reliant on the refresh of his Q. AD is just a auto attacker who can get countered by thornmail

Zwag

Recruiter

11-19-2012

AD is much better for lower skill level.

Chopinator

11-19-2012

Q and W both scale with AP, None of them (Q,W,E,R) scale with AD. Just his AA scales with AD. Personally (keep in mind a noob here) I would try for a mix of both.

TwistWrist

11-19-2012

Except his E, R, and passive scale with improving his autoattacks. Can't really just go by the scaling ratio ob ability to determine scaling of a champ.

Scrappyboss13

Recruiter

11-19-2012

Master Yi starts off with a high AD ratio, but his main abilities, Q and W, are scaled on with AP.
Four choices to go along with:
AP Yi: Very difficult at times, because you can't do a lot of damage from the beginning in the lane. However he will be very useful in teamfights because my goodness, Q will be damaging the hell out of people. and W can save your life if you're in danger, useful to us near tower.
AD Yi: One of the easiest choices to go along with, Greaves, Thirster, Dancer, Thirster, IE, Dancer. Just too strong in lane and solos usually with his ult too chase around runners. Be careful of stuns, grabs, and etc that disrupt the ult.
Hybrid Yi: Mixing it up is really useful tbh, but be careful. It's hard to juggle both sides but if you can manage it, he's awesome.
Jungle Yi: Unknown, I just found it silly to jungle Yi but apparently he is still jungled a decent amount.

Hope this was decently helpful, if you want I can help you with Yi a few more times later.

Scrappyboss13

TwistWrist

11-19-2012

Erm, I think you have it backwards. AP Yi does fine in pretty much all lanes.

AD Yi has a terrible time in most lane. Also, I wouldn't go double Bloodthirster. The second is rather situational at best. And really, would just go Vamp Scepter and Infinity Edge and do stupid damage. Though with the new items coming, things are definitely going to change. Still probably to need armor penetration though.