Make a Champ w/ FarahBoom!

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FarahBoom

Senior Member

11-10-2012

Hello all!

FarahBoom here with a new champion design!

I want all my fellow summoners to help me make her AMAZING! I wanna see some names, lores, some abilities, and some numbers! Let's make an outstanding champion worthy of the Riot Roster!

Attachment 555719
Basically what i have here is a female in some armor and drapes with a vicious looking shadow, creature....thing? What is it? Who is she? how is she tied to this....thing?

YOU DECIDE!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Germanking66

Senior Member

11-10-2012

She could be a very CC dependant mid that could actuallu be used to counter other mids if possible. I'd like to see the shadow be involved with her spell, which would also be tied to her postion. She would have to be build as a semi tank/AP caster, Something I would expect from Swain. Another path you could take with her shadow actually being her. With this you could use her ult to do something very unique like becoming one with a champion and being their shadow. With this she can use AoE, position dependant abilities. This difference as to what the shadow is could change her play style drastically and alter her kit entirely. I would love to take the path of where the shadow actually becomes part of an ally, giving you cover beneath them while you do your damage and/buffs/debuffs (I kind of would like to see a debuff centered champ, for once)...BTW when I say debuff, I mean to their stats, not CC, much like Trundle's Q.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omnifinity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-10-2012

Hope things have begun looking up for you, Mr. Boom.

Also, this strikes me as a champion (and pet, OMG) specializing in debuffs and/or high physical damage. Erm, not pet actually, but some malevolent being who she struck some sort of deal with. Perhaps it saved her in exchange for her becoming a vessel for it? Chained to do it's bidding, they join the League for the demon is "looking" for someone (and not so openly, she hopes to find a way to break free).

I got this idea after seeing her face. She is definitely unhappy, hence ^^^^^ potential lore.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS133bc4e39e464a10b821d

Member

11-10-2012

Is the design final or can we expect changes to the shadowy figure? Gonna post random ideas here when I think of any. One thing's a Ranged > Melee skill... like an inverted Kayle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeaCrusader

Senior Member

11-10-2012

Awww, I was hoping to help with the visual design.. but it's the one thing that's already been done XD

Ah werl good luck with this, I look forward to seeing how it turns out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GabrielaSiete

Member

11-10-2012

Cool artwork! Its really got my creative juices flowing!

In terms of lore, I am immediately thinking of a foolish young Summoner who thought to make a name for herself by trying to pull a creature out of the Void. Of course, she got more than she bargained for and what she summoned possessed her body. Then she/it went on the obligatory rampage before the Headmaster of the Institute was able to trap it.

Maybe the thing can't be killed by conventional means and fighting in the Fields of Justice is either a way to distract it (maybe it could escape any prison given enough time and energy) or maybe its a way of testing out different methods of killing it (trying to find one that works permanently).

I like the idea of an inverted Kayle ability. Maybe she has something like Swain's ult (a toggle that drain's mana) where her attacks are melee. For that to work though, she'd need a huge boost to life-steal, spell vamp, extra health or any combination of the three.

For some reason, I also see her as having some sort of pull ability. What could be cool is a channeled pull. You press the key once to channel and then again to pull and the range is based off how long she channeled for.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FarahBoom

Senior Member

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozumu View Post
Is the design final or can we expect changes to the shadowy figure? Gonna post random ideas here when I think of any. One thing's a Ranged > Melee skill... like an inverted Kayle.
This is just first draft concept art, i definitely don't expect her to stay like this, but overall this is what i'd like her to be like but of course details are ever changing


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FarahBoom

Senior Member

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimVesperian View Post
Cool artwork! Its really got my creative juices flowing!

In terms of lore, I am immediately thinking of a foolish young Summoner who thought to make a name for herself by trying to pull a creature out of the Void. Of course, she got more than she bargained for and what she summoned possessed her body. Then she/it went on the obligatory rampage before the Headmaster of the Institute was able to trap it.

Maybe the thing can't be killed by conventional means and fighting in the Fields of Justice is either a way to distract it (maybe it could escape any prison given enough time and energy) or maybe its a way of testing out different methods of killing it (trying to find one that works permanently).

I like the idea of an inverted Kayle ability. Maybe she has something like Swain's ult (a toggle that drain's mana) where her attacks are melee. For that to work though, she'd need a huge boost to life-steal, spell vamp, extra health or any combination of the three.

For some reason, I also see her as having some sort of pull ability. What could be cool is a channeled pull. You press the key once to channel and then again to pull and the range is based off how long she channeled for.
I like these ideas.

When i started designing her i had in mind that i wanted the shadow creature to protect her and i had 2 ideas for abilities, one being a skill shot shield, by extending her shadow allowing her to block moves for her team mates (Mystic shots, Charm, Ethereal Chains, etc.)
I also did want to experiment with a huge range pull or even a circle containment move, much like Jarvan's ult but perhaps less constricting and can be cast without a target, thus leading to your possibly walling people in a VERY tight space.

Glad to see things are coming together very fast. Hope everyone dives in on this and we can get a truly awesome champion!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Osprii

Senior Member

11-10-2012

I see her as being a magic DPS champ (like Rumble... sorta) that uses the monster to basic attack, and somewhat like how Oriana uses her ball.

The innate could be that the monster basic attacks whatever she does, and gains attack damage and attack speed off her AP. She has a basic attack range of 650, but crappy base attack damage, because the monster will be attacking for her.

Her Q makes the monster dash to a location, dealing damage and knocking all enemies up into the air that it collides with. Its like Oriana's ball in this respect, that the skill shot originates at the monster, not at the champion.
Her other abilities could be a DoT/debuff that makes the monster target the affected foe and gain attack speed against it, and maybe a AoE with a slow or maybe a fear that originates at the monster.
I don't know what her ult could be. This is just what I imagine her to be.

If u want, Farah, I can write all my ideas out specifically, like a real champion concept. Then you can take what you want from it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FarahBoom

Senior Member

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprii View Post
I see her as being a magic DPS champ (like Rumble... sorta) that uses the monster to basic attack, and somewhat like how Oriana uses her ball.

The innate could be that the monster basic attacks whatever she does, and gains attack damage and attack speed off her AP. She has a basic attack range of 650, but crappy base attack damage, because the monster will be attacking for her.

Her Q makes the monster dash to a location, dealing damage and knocking all enemies up into the air that it collides with. Its like Oriana's ball in this respect, that the skill shot originates at the monster, not at the champion.
Her other abilities could be a DoT/debuff that makes the monster target the affected foe and gain attack speed against it, and maybe a AoE with a slow or maybe a fear that originates at the monster.
I don't know what her ult could be. This is just what I imagine her to be.

If u want, Farah, I can write all my ideas out specifically, like a real champion concept. Then you can take what you want from it.
Sure, writing it all out would be great!

Im basically gonna keep a close eye out on any and all suggestions people put out there and im gonna pick whatever i find is truly unique or just a plain damn awesome idea. So she'll end up being kind of a Frankenstein of ideas but hey, no one ever said a group of ideas can't form one.


123