Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Riot explore/implement a Vote to Kick function?

Yes 36 31.3%
No 49 42.61%
The Idea needs more planning 30 26.09%
Voters 115 .

Vote kick function

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThuggleS

10-07-2010

Quote:
YellowSummoner:
You'll be better off because at least you can surrender 8 minutes later without some person that's raging so hard he has to continually ping all over the map for those 8 minutes.

Does /ignore stop you from hearing/seeing pings from that player? If so, just put him on ignore.

Cooldude1234

10-07-2010

If any kick function should be implemented imo it should be during champ select when you have an afk on your team...Vote to kick them..then restart the quene.

failedcarry

10-07-2010

A kick function will probably be too abusive but what i THINK is very fair is

a Leaver Percent bans from rank games. Such as 10 percent.

If player X has 100 games played with 15 leaves he is no longer allow to play until he
gets his game counts up back to 150 games(from normal) with 15 leaves meeting the 10 percent requirement.
in order to play rank again.

Zedthul

10-07-2010

Quote:
YellowSummoner:
You'll be better off because at least you can surrender 8 minutes later without some person that's raging so hard he has to continually ping all over the map for those 8 minutes.

I wish I could /ingore ping sometimes

AznAriez

Recruiter

10-07-2010

Quote:
ThuggIeS:
Junior Member.

Looks like you are probably <30 and/or <1200 elo.

Just cause he doesnt post on forums a lot means hes bad? You're stupid if you think this is true.

And also, I would only use this feature (Even though its never going to be implemented as said earlier) when I see a raging feeder afk at spawn moving a little so he doesnt get disconnected.

Etteril

10-07-2010

Quote:
Guinsoo:
I don't want to be rude, but no, we will never implement this feature. Too many ways for players to harass their allies. I know a griefing ally isn't a good situation to be in, but in-game kick would just be worse.

Thank God.

Edited to add: This would worsen LoL's worst issue. I have referred about 5 or 6 friends to this game, and you know how many made it to level 30? None. Many, many people quit after a handful of games because NORMAL people aren't used to the dis-associative, uninhibited, vile rudeness that people in online games are completely used to dishing out. Someone who is new does poorly while learning the ropes? The obvious answer is to verbally abuse them until they are completely demoralized.

Riot has taken measures against this with the Code and by banning, but with this system it would become: Someone who is new does poorly while learning the ropes? Verbally abuse them and then vote kick.

No one will learn from their bad games if they're kicked any time they try to improve. For that matter, no one new will want to keep playing until they get decent, because they'll get kicked out of every game they play.

BerryB0mb

10-07-2010

Quote:
Ketel One:
What you see as feeding might just be his lack of skill. I have seen people bit*h about someone "feeding" when they have died 3 times in the first 10 min cause lane partner did not help in a 2v2 fight.

I have to agree with this. It happens less since I've gotten better, but when I was lower level (or occasionally have a fail game) I died a lot simply because of my lack of experience, or because my idiot lane partner wasn't doing anything and I couldn't hold the lane myself.