quick question for vlad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3iji

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

i was playing last night and we started out not doing good so i skipped meija and went straight to rylai.. but as the match goes on we started winning and i made my zhonya after that, i didnt know what to make since usually before i make my zhonya or right after that game ends so i just ended up making two more rylai. the question is was that even a good idea? stacking rylai

xavarn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

lol no, its useless, u were better off either getting some pure HP or pure AP items, void staff is usually nice.

Geronomo

10-07-2010

Actually, Rylai's is useful, but not for stacking. Get one with your regular build, and fill up the remaining slot with Void Staff.

omgwtflolbbl

10-07-2010

The slow from Rylais doesn't stack (only the strongest slow from all items is applied to a champion), so you're essentially paying 700 gold for 22 (20) AP and 110 (70) HP.Which isn't necessarily bad, but you could be getting items much more worthwhile. A Void Staff + Giant's Belt costs you about 200 more gold, and while you lose out on a little over 10 AP and 100 HP, you gain 40% magic pen for anyone stacking MR, which will do heaps more for your damage output (and you'll spell vamp a little more too because of that). An Abyssal Scepter is decent too as it helps prevent you from getting chunked up by a Bloodrazor or DFG while still adding quite a bit to your damage potential. You don't really want to stack HP as Vlad, as the conversion from AP to HP is much more useful than HP to AP. The extra HP is a bonus, not something you need to actively look to stack via items. Getting some CDR is quite handy as well, even if it doesn't give you straight up AP. More CDR means you'll get to spell vamp more often as well as pool more often, giving both offensive and defensive power.

xavarn

10-07-2010

lol ok, I meant stacking them is useless, getting one of them is a must, and stacking void staff is also pointless, get one of them and then get other items such as Rod of Ages or something.

Jocastus

10-07-2010

You can stack Rylai's, and you will see some results, but it's not necessarily the most efficient way to go.

Once you get Rylai's and Zhonya's, I've seen players do different things. I usually grab an Abyssal or a Void. Or both, if I can afford it. I've seen other Vlads stack Needlessly Large Rods, or Rylai's, or even try for another Zhon's, which I've done myself if I was really on a roll in a game and knew I didn't need to be too careful about my item selection as long as I just had more AP. I've seen other Vlad players stack Needlessly Large Rods, or two Zhon's, or go for Lich Bane or something.

If I'm not mistaken, Zhon's, Rylai's, Abyssal, and Void all together will give you around 450 AP, plus 20 or so from Rylai's health boost. If you're happy with that number, I'd say it depends on how the game goes and who you're playing against.

There might be better item builds out there, but I've found some success with that formula.

Slippi

10-07-2010

From vlad's passive, crystal scepter gives an extra 20 ability power and 160 hit points.

DarkenDragon

10-07-2010

dont ever ignore the power of resistance items, once you get a ton of ap and hp, and are out of ideas of what other items to get, instead of stacking items you already have, you can always get extra defensive items, this will help survive your attackers when your sanguine pool is on cooldown.