Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"It's just pbe"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amiithystine

11-18-2012

Yeah I got that, but if you're going into a normal game, can you at least try?

I did all my "Figure out what items do and store navigation" in Bot matches, Customs and Co-op.

Sure Normals are still largely a test, but Jesus. DotA 2 is in "beta' and people still play that seriously, why not LoL? Just because it's a beta doesn't mean we shouldn't even try.

All I'm asking is that you *try*.

Why is PBE your excuse for intentionally NOT TRYING.

Mdaha

11-18-2012

DotA 2 is in "beta" made me laugh. You're funny. If people are trolling report them they shouldn't be in PBE. If people are looking at new stuff and trying builds that end up not working because they are clueless about the new items, they are trying. I don't know your exact experience but yeah, bad players are trying, afkers and trolls, just report them.

Kaalika

11-18-2012

People who don't want to try will use anything as an excuse. Oh it's just PBE. Oh it's just normals. Oh it's just a bots game. Oh it's just ranked y u care about elo just have fun!

More fun for trying and more ip too.

Amiithystine

11-18-2012

Quote:
Kaalika:
People who don't want to try will use anything as an excuse. Oh it's just PBE. Oh it's just normals. Oh it's just a bots game. Oh it's just ranked y u care about elo just have fun!

More fun for trying and more ip too.

You know what's fun? Winning. Sure you *can* have fun in a loss, I do all the time; Winning is the goal, if you didn't want to win WHY DID YOU JOIN A COMPETITIVE GAME?

Siyanor

11-18-2012

Why did I join PBE?

TO TEST. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT'S ****ING FOR, DUMBASS. Please hang yourself.

CieleNavae

11-18-2012

My most hated response on both platforms. "Its not Ranked match so don't worry". Excuse me for trying to better myself by playing normals till I can comfortable with higher skilled requirements. Oh and the "its just PBE" excuse has one flaw. Its hard to test anything when two guys feed the entire enemy team, don't defend turrents, steal buffs from other players and generally are total p----ks.

DJay Saint

11-18-2012

On PBE people use the excuse "it's just pbe!"
On live people use the excuse "it's just a normal!"
In ranked people use the excuse "it's just a game!"

People always have excuses for why they troll or do stupid things and it usually revolves around trying to de-emphasize the important of the game they are in to try to make themselves seem less stupid. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

Piotyr

11-19-2012

With pbe you shouldn't take the game as serious as the real deal because its about testing random ****. Its not all testing balance in a real games environment. There are glitches to be found, builds to be tested to see if the effects work etc. Don't play pbe if you want to have fun, play it to do a service so the real deal will be fun. I have a feeling you play pbe to get the free rp and ip.

DarkTundras

11-19-2012

Instead of building optimal items, i go for all the updated ones and test their functionality in vs bot and pvp games in order to randomize situations and check for bugs, hate ppl who just play and say "it's just PBE" and don't even consider the purpose of PBE

Piotyr

11-19-2012

Why do I have to go in a custome game to test? The entire thing is to test. You won't get the best results from testing on bots and I don't have any friends who play the "Pointless" pbe with me so I can't do customs due to lack of team mates. Whats your problem with me wanting to help out in a different way than you? If you want a real game on pbe get a 5v5 group or play the real client.