Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tiamat and Ravenous Hydra

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demotion 101

11-18-2012

Why do the actives have a 1 second cast time?

BAM SpiceWeasel

11-18-2012

good point, it sucks.

IonDragonX

11-19-2012

It didn't have that when I tested it out. Although I was on TT... SR might be different

karters1

11-19-2012

I didnt notice it with Tiamat but it was there when i used Ravenous Hydra, painfully obvious 2. was on sr when i was using those items, havent tried tt yet

IonDragonX

11-19-2012

Quote:
karters1:
I didnt notice it with Tiamat but it was there when i used Ravenous Hydra, painfully obvious 2. was on sr when i was using those items, havent tried tt yet

Ah. I stuck with Tiamat so I didn't notice ANY 1 second delay. If Hydra does have that then its a bug, Id say.

Jaigar

11-19-2012

There is a cast time, but no cast bar. Its not that obvious until you get a ton of attack speed and notice that it delays your AA.

LightEcho

11-19-2012

I really don;t get why this has a cast time while cutlass and randuin's don't if there was a precentdent for item actives having cast times it might be acceptable but honestly Tiamat of all items a melee adc item most certainly doesn't need a cast time.In one second you can cast tiamat and get 60% of your ad in AoE damage, or you could hit them once and get 60% of your ad+ your auto attack damage. Also what is up with the regen on Tiamat, did riot really expect people to build an item that forces you to shove during the laning phase?

pchannington

11-19-2012

Definitely should remove the cast time. I use it on Fiora and the active is a trap. If you try to use it on a running enemy, you may get some extra damage in after a lunge, but they will get away for sure!

Sambrosia

11-19-2012

Hm, if there is a cast time, that's definitely a huge gimp on the item. Afaik every other active is instant.

Thebeshian

11-19-2012

I'm pretty sure that the active is intended for use mainly in stationary fights and wave clearing, but I really wish it didn't reset your attack timer, at the very least...