Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sion - improved with new items?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ASYLUM101

11-18-2012

AD Sion with ravenous hydra gets massive regen benefits in teamfights and duels in minion waves (like morde). Combined with the Sword of the Divine, he can wreck in teamfights, 3 MASSIVE crits in an aoe are pretty heavy. I dunno though, Sion still suffers from his same age old weakness - get kited forever because he is SO slow with an unreliable gap closer.

Even with the boots that give flat speed, people can get away from him easily.

So with this massive buff to AD Sion, not sure if he will be viable.

Thoughts?

Sion is one of my fav. chars, I would love for him to be viable in more comps but... he isn't.

Talamare

11-18-2012

I would say the biggest buff to him is Boots of Swiftness being awesome now

Codykinz

Recruiter

11-18-2012

I think he'll be greatly viable, actually.

Statikk Shiv --> Blood Thirster --> Ravenous Hydra being his main 3 items, with Merc Treads and the extra 15 movespeed upgrade.

I also believe AP Sion will find a niche for being a helpful CC and AoE champ now as well, with the Wraith pet item and Frozen Fist.
Granted anyone can get CC with the items, I believe using those in accordance with his stun and AoE shield will prove much more helpful.

Paradox

Adjudicator

11-18-2012

The effect from Ravenous Hydra doesn't actually crit. The damage you do is based on the amount of AD you have, not the damage you deal on attack. Sure you'll be healing for a lot because of how much damage you'll deal in an AoE, but saying Crit is effecting the heal he gains off AoE is just incorrect.

ASYLUM101

11-18-2012

Quote:
Paradox:
The effect from Ravenous Hydra doesn't actually crit. The damage you do is based on the amount of AD you have, not the damage you deal on attack. Sure you'll be healing for a lot because of how much damage you'll deal in an AoE, but saying Crit is effecting the heal he gains off AoE is just incorrect.

Still affects the main hit.