ELO Hell and not even 30 yet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaalika

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
Have you tried improving yourself instead of complaining about matchmaking?

Like, stop running ignite on Ashe, stop rushing Zeal on Jax, and stop running Kayle as a support.

Really, flash + ignite doesn't belong on everyone.
Maybe try constructive criticism?

What support should I run when trolls lock up champ select? A squishy one like Sona who's completely helpless the rest of the game if the adc decides to go 0/4 before level 6 by just running into the enemy Taric and then yelling at me for "not healing" them? With Kayle I can grab some ad items and hit jungle monsters to catch up if the adc decides to feed.

GJ telling me to NOT take certain summoner spells without explaining why. Ignite is most of my kills on Ashe because her one damaging ability prior to level 6 does less damage than any other adc's several damaging abilities do.

Jax I played a couple of times in bots games and then the first pvp game I take him there's two people afk right from the start, making it a 3v5 where I can't even farm under the tower without dying and have no gold to buy anything. Tried to jungle but got ganked in the jungle and just couldn't catch up. The game was over by the time I bought that zeal anyway saving up another 500g for a bf sword or w/e would have been 10 minutes past the surrender.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-19-2012

His point was that there are a massive amount of things that all of us can do to improve, far too many to tell you in a single post. You seemed to be under the impression that the reasons you lost had nothing to do with you. (This isn't true.)

Chopinator

11-19-2012

Kaalika- Feel free to add me in game if you like. We can do a few matches, I wont promise that I can make things better but I usually pull my weight. GL.

PS- Only level 14 atm.

OriginalJack

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaalika View Post

What support should I run when trolls lock up champ select? A squishy one like Sona who's completely helpless the rest of the game if the adc decides to go 0/4 before level 6 by just running into the enemy Taric and then yelling at me for "not healing" them? With Kayle I can grab some ad items and hit jungle monsters to catch up if the adc decides to feed.
Ok look dude, I'm sorry you've lost so many games in a row but you need to not let it get to you. Like Panzer was saying once you get on tilt it's easy to keep playing badly.

First off, if you are really the best player on the team and you think you're only losing because of them then don't play support and play a role where you can have a more direct impact on the game, support is the hardest role to carry from (unless you are zyra). If you still keep losing after that the issue might not be with your teammates.

If you are actually a good support player it's unlikely the adc is going to give you a hard time as long as you are warding unless they're a baddie. If they are a baddie and insist on trying to blame their failings on you just tell them to "stfu and last hit" and/or mute them before it gets really bad. Remember the saying: "Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics, no matter who wins you're both still retarded."

Quote:
GJ telling me to NOT take certain summoner spells without explaining why. Ignite is most of my kills on Ashe because her one damaging ability prior to level 6 does less damage than any other adc's several damaging abilities do.
I'm not going to try to put words into twist's mouth but I don't like ignite on ashe either. I take exhaust 90% of the time and heal the other 10%. I usually don't find my enemies limping away at like 2hp very often, usually once I lock onto them the are either going to kill me or I'm killing them. Exhaust can be very useful if somebody tried so jump on you since ashe doesn't have a natural escape you can either exhaust and try to kill them or exhaust and try to back up and start kiting, which ashe is really good at. Either way it's much better than ignite imo.
Quote:
Jax I played a couple of times in bots games and then the first pvp game I take him there's two people afk right from the start, making it a 3v5 where I can't even farm under the tower without dying and have no gold to buy anything. Tried to jungle but got ganked in the jungle and just couldn't catch up. The game was over by the time I bought that zeal anyway saving up another 500g for a bf sword or w/e would have been 10 minutes past the surrender.
Yeah afks are a B but eh, they happen. Just report and move on and don't let it put you on tilt. You will find there are less people going afk as your get closer to lvl 30. Also remember that statistically the other team is more likely to have an afk than your team, cause math.

Blue Scarlet

11-19-2012

If your team sucks Step up, Be the leader, lead them into the charge and carry em.

TwistWrist

11-19-2012

Quote:
Pretty sure I was being constructive.

If you don't realize that the problem is you are making terrible choices and blaming your teammates, then you'll just be stuck there forever and nothing that I say will change your mind.

How you are currently acting is your main problem and exactly like people who complain that they are stuck in Elo hell.

Not sure why you believe I have an obligation to write more than that. Even if you fixed the particular problems that I wrote about, as long as you continue to make excuses and blame your team, you'll still be stuck.

You didn't come into this thread asking "how can I do better?". You came in and went "Is matchmaker completely broken or what?".

The reason that your teammates suck is because you are staying at their level.

You have plenty of room for improvement if you want to get out. But you won't notice most of them if you spend all your time complaining about your teammates.

TehomCD

11-19-2012

A 24 game streak is really extreme - 10 games, sure, that's not too unusual, but 24 games would usually mean you're both having bad luck and your hidden/normal Elo was too high and you're undergoing some correction: frankly, no matter how terrible your team is, you should normally win at least a game or two somewhere in there by sheer chance.

If your Elo drops, games become easier to win by definition, since the enemy team's Elo drops by the same amount. That's just how it works. No matter how terrible your teammates might be, the enemy team is more or less identical to them except for the odd smurf here or there. If you're consistently outperforming everyone in laning and still losing, it probably would indicate that you're doing something seriously wrong in the mid or lategame; objectively, it means you're entering the midgame with an advantage and losing despite it, so there's probably something wrong aside from your teammates there. You may not be grouping up at the right times, or entering into teamfights your team can't win, or getting caught, etc.

BStein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

i would like to point out a couple things, you have very few pvp games under your belt, if you had only played pvp games with out a xp boost it would take about 200 games, according to this post http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=484429, to reach your level. you may be experiencing this problem because u are too use to bots and their play style over playing vs players and understanding how they preform differently then the bots. also because you have played so little pvp games the matchmaking system is still attempting to place you with people around your own skill level, you may have some long win/lose streak before matchmaking finds a sweet spot for you where you will win ~50% of your matches.

also i would like to point out that there is no such thing as elo hell and if you put in the time you will reach your true elo.

Ministry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Kaalika, whatever bad streak you're on, I can tell you I've had worse. There was a point when I was 1700 ELO and lost 20+ ranked games in a row and dropped down to 1500.

Normal games are a good time to experiment and not stress too much about winning the game. Since you gained most of your League of Legends experience in bots, it's only natural to have a little bit of difficulty making the transition into PvP matchmaking.

Why don't you hit me up in game, Kaalika. I'll see if I can help you out and get you on the right track/mindset again.

Kaalika

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
Pretty sure I was being constructive.
Nope, you were and still are just telling me I'm bad. You think I don't know that already? How am I expected to be good after playing just a month? You think I should be able to carry a team that goes 0/6 each by 8 minutes in?

Then telling me to STOP doing things without any justification or replacement advice for doing those things. That's not constructive at all.

If I'm the best on the team at not dying, my team's in trouble. I'm just wondering how the other team is ALWAYS so very much better than mine, that many games in a row.

If normal hidden elo works anything like regular elo, then the people who trolled me basically dropped me way down, because they all had high win percentage and we were expected to win. Plus, they didn't care if they lost because all they'd have to do is not troll the next games, where I'm stuck being trolled game after game because I'm new and don't own any OP champs who could just faceroll carry a bad team.

Don't tell me it's my attitude or that bad teams don't exist, saying that is just a denial of reality. Besides, I didn't have people treating me this way until after I got ribbons. There were trolls here and there but not people biting my head off for saying something nice to them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStein View Post
i would like to point out a couple things, you have very few pvp games under your belt, if you had only played pvp games with out a xp boost it would take about 200 games, according to this post http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=484429, to reach your level. you may be experiencing this problem because u are too use to bots and their play style over playing vs players and understanding how they preform differently then the bots. also because you have played so little pvp games the matchmaking system is still attempting to place you with people around your own skill level, you may have some long win/lose streak before matchmaking finds a sweet spot for you where you will win ~50% of your matches.

also i would like to point out that there is no such thing as elo hell and if you put in the time you will reach your true elo.
Thank you. That's helpful actual statistics, not just telling me I'm bad. Yes I'm bad. Do I deserve to be in an elo where at least two people troll/afk and at least 3 people feed badly? I sure hope not. If that's the case then I don't know if I want to play this game. I watch streams and practice cs in proving grounds and still suck but I try not to die.

I started playing bots games more because I was losing so much and didn't have anyone I trusted to q up with anymore. I haven't played anywhere near 200 games but it's probably getting close to 100. I do know there's a huge difference between bots and pvp - bots don't towerdive you when you're at 100% hp, and bots don't feed because "it's only a bots game who cares if we win" when I'm just trying to get some ip. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehomCD View Post
If your Elo drops, games become easier to win by definition, since the enemy team's Elo drops by the same amount. That's just how it works.
That's what I was told and that's why I was asking if it was broken.