Best early items for MF?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asylumseeker

10-07-2010

So im wanting peoples opinions here.

I think the two main options are to go for mana regen or damage early on.
So either spam the skills or do more damage.

Option 1
Meki pendant > tear > manamune
round off with boots then head for BT

Option 2
dorans blade/shield
BT

Basically is manamune worth getting or better just to go straight damage? if so how to combat the mana issues?

iMisc

10-07-2010

I get called bad a lot for using manamune, but for MF I find it a core item to her build. Lets me stay in a lane for a long time to farm.

This is how I build her
(Armor pen and crit damage runes)

Boots level 1 and 3 health pots
Tear
Brutalizer
Finish manamune
Infinity Edge
Last whisper

Last item is usually Banshees Veil, but you can sub in another damage item in.

Asylumseeker

10-15-2010

So lately ive been playing

Dorans ring
Brutalizer
Merc treads
chalice of harmony
bloodthirster.

I was wondering what people think about on hit items for her as Q uses them and she has high attack speed. Had some success with frozen hammer. Fun being able to catch someone by shooting a minion they run past. Also what do people think about madreds on her?

FolloMeOnTwitch

10-15-2010

Doran's Blade and a health pot.

then lvl 1 boots and build towards tear and then manamune.

People rage about manamune so hard but I normally am able to finish it by 13-15 min mark - much sooner than Infinity Edge (which i rush after - starting with cloak). You'll have around 140-150 base damage when you finish manamune. If you rush IE first you'll probably get enough for your BF sword a little earlier than you would finish manamune but you wouldnt have the mana regen, scaling mana pool, and ever increasing damage. So on top of having more damage you are now also free to spam your abilities.

When you get Cloak of Agility it's pretty much like having an IE minus the 50% harder crit which you will get eventually anyway.

So yeah -

DB - Manamune - IE - Bloodthirster - Armor Pen item - Custom Items

Carados

10-15-2010

Learn to last hit and not use your abilities to farm, basically.

Plicko

10-15-2010

Tear
Boots (usually merc treads)
Something with lifesteal (either malady or bloodthirster)
Finish manamune
Frozen mallet
Other high damage items

I like to make use of the physical damage bonus added to her skills.

Ryth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2010

I rush Lantern.

Simple. It's far more useful, its very cost effective, has a wonderful ability and if you want to farm with Q (thing you musn't, only harass), you can still do the 500-damage on hit effect from lantern.

So overall that gives you the staying power you need, and the mana you need to use the skills, comes from 9/0/21 and ... gg (even though I max W first to have more damage per-hit and more pushing turret power).

FolloMeOnTwitch

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryth View Post
I rush Lantern.

Simple. It's far more useful, its very cost effective, has a wonderful ability and if you want to farm with Q (thing you musn't, only harass), you can still do the 500-damage on hit effect from lantern.

So overall that gives you the staying power you need, and the mana you need to use the skills, comes from 9/0/21 and ... gg (even though I max W first to have more damage per-hit and more pushing turret power).
interesting build.

but what do you start with? longsword?

what runes are you using?

The reason for going doran's blade is to stay in your lane as long as possible without going back as well as having the hp and damage to effectively harass.

I think with one HP quint and dorans blade you'll have around 670hp and 61 base damage at level 1 with offensive masteries.

Asylumseeker

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Learn to last hit and not use your abilities to farm, basically.
Honestly i do try to do this, but i also run out of mana very quickly for the first 8 or so levels. Reason being pretty much every time its off cooldown i will fire Q to harrass the enemy. Got pretty good with it and unless they are a very good oponent i hit 4 out of 5 times usually.

As for lantern im just not sure its worth the cost straight away. Sure will help killing minions but i dont think she has a problem ever killing them. The free ward would be quite useful though.

Manamune im just not sure about. later on she has no real mana issues and i feel for a similar price ghostblade is better due to reduce cooldown and a great active for taking down people in 1v1 or turrets. Or generally for catching people.

So what are peoples views on Madreds bloodrazor for her due to a huge amount of tanks in use at the moment. Couple it with W and it could be quite powerful surely.

Lachryma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2010

I used to rush Manamune, especially as I would spam my abilities constantly.

Lately though I've decided to start with a doran's blade and rush a bloodthirster. If I barely harass and just last hit, I can get a BF Sword pretty fast and start killing people then. With a tiny amount of Double Up's and (cautiously) pushing their tower so it steals their last hits, you can easily outfarm someone, which is far more important in the long run imho.