How do I get back into pvp easily?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Testarossa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

I'm new to the forums so I feel a bit awkward in asking this but for the last year or so I've done mostly bot games because I've gotten fed up with solo queues because I kept getting teamed up with toxic players. Eventually I raged and quit for awhile and I want to get back into it but not sure if I will experience this again and just quit the game for good. Any ideas as to what I should do?

Sambrosia

11-18-2012

Play draft. Blind is a ****ing nightmare. And just solo queue, don't let idiots get under your skin, and avoid arguing at all costs. Never tell your team mates they are bad, even if they are, it creates negative atmosphere, and causes everyone to do worse.

Don't let 'role call' deceive you, if you have an earlier pick than someone else, you can play whatever role you want(that isn't already picked), and same if someone else is above you, and wants your role. It's the most fair way to do it, and there is no way to argue about whether or not you have a right to the role.

If you come across trolls/idiots, mute them in-game, report them afterwards, and move on. If you find anyone you liked playing with add them as a friend and try to queue with the next game.

Have fun!

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

I would agree with most of that, except the role call part. If someone's called a role, don't be that dick that takes it just because you pick before them, especially with lanes that are highly susceptible to being countered like mid and top. Rather, try to work with your team in all circumstances. If you have preferences, make them known early, but don't count on getting them.

Testarossa

11-19-2012

What about ranked? Is it just for competitive play?

ScorchXBanister

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testarossa View Post
What about ranked? Is it just for competitive play?
If you didn't like blind pick's toxic players, you definitely shouldn't play ranked until they can't get to you. Ranked players are a lot more disillusioned; in my experience, they're a lot less lenient of mistakes since it could cost them the game.

TwistWrist

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
If you have preferences, make them known early, but don't count on getting them.
If anything, that means people who are last pick but role call should realize that their role call means little.

It is a show of preference. Not a claim that has to be fulfilled.

Testarossa

11-21-2012

Well, thanks for all the advice! Looks like I'm gonna try and just play with friends then since they don't complain to me about my playing. ^.^

ryzeonline

11-21-2012

Testarossa, your solution is awesome -- in my experience playing with friends is by far the most ideal solution.

Most people wouldn't play soccer with a bunch of toxic strangers, they'd get some friends together and play with them.

*Highly* recommended

That being said, I've written a lot about how to have a smoother Solo Q experience here:

[Solo Q Secrets #003] The Skills Of Strangers (Or Not)

Testarossa

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSentient View Post
Testarossa, your solution is awesome -- in my experience playing with friends is by far the most ideal solution.

Most people wouldn't play soccer with a bunch of toxic strangers, they'd get some friends together and play with them.

*Highly* recommended

That being said, I've written a lot about how to have a smoother Solo Q experience here:

[Solo Q Secrets #003] The Skills Of Strangers (Or Not)
Wow! They are very well detailed and helpful! I give my praise onto you, good sir. Thank you again for the help! ^.^