Being afk/leaving a game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yoyayoya101

11-18-2012

So I joined a dominion pvp game. We get on the loading screen. Me and a couple other people fully load. Everyone else is taking a while. After waiting for quite some time, I realize that I'm just stuck on the loading screen for some reason. So I log off and then reconnect. Soon after reconnecting, my team loses. Then after leaving the stats page, I got a level 1 warning for having left the game/being idle.

So is it possible to bring that level or whatever it is back down to 0? Also, is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again? I really, really hate it when people are afk or leave the game, and I don't want people to think that I'm that kind of guy.

alukardian

11-18-2012

You just have to keep playing games so it will lower the ratio of left or afk games to the ones you have completed to the end.

BawksUvAydes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alukardian View Post
You just have to keep playing games so it will lower the ratio of left or afk games to the ones you have completed to the end.
Basically this. If you leave/idle/afk in one game, it's not a big deal. Over time, your warning level goes back down. Leaving 3 games in a row is thus significantly worse than leaving 3 games over the course of a week with ~3-4 games between each. Not sure why you'd freeze on the load screen, but different people get different issues with each patch. If you don't load in, just close the game and restart, it'll offer you the option to reconnect.

yoyayoya101

11-18-2012

Thanks for responding guys. So far I haven't had that problem again.

Kaalika

11-18-2012

I usually load really fast but noticed whenever the loadscreen says someone ELSE didn't connect, it doesn't load in for me either about half the time, while telling me I'm at 100%.

So if anyone else didn't connect to the loadscreen, and everyone else including you is at 100% but the game hasn't started in 30s, relog immediately and hope to get back in quickly enough that it doesn't count.

This started at the Elise patch.

Booyah

11-18-2012

I had a off weekend and was having to go afk for 5 minutes or more. In a few games i carried my team but got a leaver status so it was like not worth anything. I got a one day ban today though and i'm not mad about it cause i like they are trying to stop rage quiting and that's awesome but now im afraid to play cause if i have to leave i might get a longer ban It doesn't help that i've allready spent money on the account so i don't want to have to re-buy anything.