Best way to carry out of bad ELO?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Claytone

11-18-2012

Hello, Basicly, I was at 1300 ELO, winning almost every game, but then I got a bad series of events, I got trolls every game for 7 games, and lost EACH ONE! which brought me all the way down to 1000 ELO. I excel at playing against the enemys, but my team always SUCKS. Like a 0/11 annie with 65 CS, a darius jungle, someone going katarina top, etc. I try to ward and ping for my team, but they have no map awareness whatsoever, so it doesnt wok.

What is the best champion/spot to carry out of my current elo? (1000). I am always the most well-farmed person on my team, unless im support. And it ALWAYS seems like the enemy team never gets trolls.

Please help..

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-18-2012

Darius jungle and Katarina top are both perfectly viable.

Heck, Voyboy plays Katarina top.

I'd suggest playing mid or jungle in order to have the most impact on the early game. Be sure to have a presence in all lanes--you have to do more than simply "win" your own lane.

Claytone

11-18-2012

I try jungle, but when I'm there, they never know how to bait or initiate, They always ruin it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-18-2012

1) Stop blaming your teammates. Your teammates are no worse then the enemy players on average.

2) Who are you jungling with? Jungling isn't 100% about ganking.

3) Communicate. Tell your teammates what to do. Once you explain something early game and it works out well for you and the teammate following your direction, they're going to do all they can to continue to help you out because they see it helps them out. And if you and at least 1 teammate are helping each other out, your team is better off, and you've got a pretty good edge on the enemy team.

DemoniccAngell

11-19-2012

I got gold yesterday on my main and how I did it was by duo with friends and nine out of ten times playing safer is the way to go try to minimize deaths if you are jungle buy wards and oracles when you help lanes try to give them the kills as well instead of just yourself this helps them get strong to win late. Oh yeah and also never surrender the other team can always throw morale and giving tips are a huge part as well I would post on main and have better grammar but I am on my phone and dont trust this app
Add me in game on this act if you want to talk more so I can give clearer advice

DemoniccAngell

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
1) Stop blaming your teammates. Your teammates are no worse then the enemy players on average.

2) Who are you jungling with? Jungling isn't 100% about ganking.

3) Communicate. Tell your teammates what to do. Once you explain something early game and it works out well for you and the teammate following your direction, they're going to do all they can to continue to help you out because they see it helps them out. And if you and at least 1 teammate are helping each other out, your team is better off, and you've got a pretty good edge on the enemy team.
This is helpful advise

GFireflyE

11-19-2012

I sympathize with the OP on this one.

I don't play ranked much, and it's SPECIFICALLY because of the trolls that I don't. Tried my first game of season 3 and EXACTLY the same thing happned again. One of the players on my team decided to , quite suddenly, run away from the last team fight that was just started, enough for us to win the game.

He's typing "jajaja....4vs5....you so dumb for fighting.....jajaja"

Well, we end up losing because of this Lee Sin player....and as the enemy takes down 5 turrets and base, he sits in bottom lane poking at creeps.

Players like this should have their accounts reset.

adc

11-19-2012

There are two big ways you can gain Elo:

If you're significantly better than the people you're playing against/with, play snowball champions. Akali might be a horrible pick right now, but only if you're playing against someone that doesn't feed her. If you feed Akali, she's still going to wreck, whether assassins are viable or not.

And two, play with a good player. If you believe you're 1900 Elo, see if you can make friends with a 1900 player and duo with them. This might be difficult, but honestly, playing above the level you're at helps you the most. Just don't go "oh yeah, I stuck at 1k Elo but I really 2.5k player" and duo with Froggen or some ****. You're going to get your ass totally handed to you and it won't be fun. Set realistic goals - play a lot and try for, say, 1400 next week. 1500 the week after that, then 1600, etc. Once you hit a barrier, expand the time. Try for 1600 in two weeks. Then 3 if it doesn't work. Etc.

BestFelixNA

11-19-2012

Most of the people that are in elo hell and claim they are better actually belong there. I did the same thing, thinking just because i won my lane most games that i'm too good for elo hell, but there are so many other factors that play into it.

1. Play a jungler or mid. If you really are better than everyone there, you need to play a champ that will control the map.

2. Play a champ with some hard cc.

by doing just those 2 things only, i carried myself from 950-1250 with skarner, and then to 1500 with skarner/lux. Playing jungle, you can counter jungle if you're good enough, counter gank - get your lanes fed. Snowball top champs etc.

Playing a mid is all about controlling the map. U need to ward your wraiths and their wraiths. steal his blue wraith whenever you get a chance. roam if you can. make sure to follow your mid. don't just call mia, and expect the ******* on your team to react. go ****ing follow your mid and get some kills.

the reason i absolutely LOVE lux mid, is because of her 6 second snare with full cdr, as well as a 24 second ult. basically play like a support once you get into team fights, throw your E in for some AOE damage, and babysit your adc. Snare anyone who tries to dive your adc, then unleash your combo onto that person (usually the bruiser). your combo + adc damage should kill that bruiser very quickly, leaving your adc to unload hassle free for the rest of the team fight.