Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game] [Minor/Feedback] [Sightstone/rubystone ward limiters]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zertryx

11-18-2012

Something I have noticed about the sight stone and ruby stone is that when you place a ward down and you are at max wards you can have laid out 2-3 and go to place another one it makes the first one placed dissapear even if it isnt near expiration.

Is this the intended purpose for this to happen? or will there be a block that will not allow you to place a ward if you already have the max wards out?

I hope that they place a limiter on this item so you don't accidentally throw down the extra 1-2 wards unless the other one has expired first

TheFall3nArk

11-18-2012

I think that it is intentional for the first one to disappear, because the limit is 2 or 3 wards at a time

I don't think a limiter is nessary, because if you play support you should know when your wards are timing out and were / when u placed the wards

And the addation of a limiter might actually be a detrement because what if they need to place a ward to secure a kill or save their life, there is a trade off in having a freash ward vs having one disapear,

For example, a champ that might buy this itemcould be lee sin (going a supportish off-tank role) he could use the wards to jump close for ganks or to escape over a wall with safeguard, Placing a limiter would not allow higher levels of play .

I hope i awnsered your question without going off on too much of a tangent

IonDragonX

11-18-2012

Quote:
TheFall3nArk:
I think that it is intentional for the first one to disappear, because the limit is 2 or 3 wards at a time

I also thing that it is working as intended. However, if your max # is out on the map, it should turn the sightstone blue with the cooldown equal to the oldest ward. That way, when that ward expires/gets killed then the sightstone enables and you know that you can place another.

Arcolyte

Recruiter

11-18-2012

It is working as intended. This is how it works with Caitlyns traps and heimers turrets.

All the suggestions take away game play elements. What if you don't need a ward where ever but you REALLY need a ward where you want to place one, and you have a ward. you can currently make the tactical on the fly choice.