Option to Kick in Queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackDiamondFox

11-18-2012

I personally don't play ranked yet, but I've watched my roommate play plenty of games where people just go in with the express purpose of trolling. I can see where there would be some cons to this but overall it doesn't seem like a terrible idea.

MadManDu

11-18-2012

It's certainly a liable idea...but there's tons of loopholes in it..just an example..everyone wanting to kick the top player cuz they're mad with the idea that they dont have first pick..

Premadonna

11-18-2012

I wish I can +1 this 5000 times .
It should be 3 votes and you're out (that way not only 2 people in a duo can vote you out, and if you're duoing with someone and they say no you can still be booted out.) and then the last person to vote yes or no would be the person who isnt with a duo. This is a really good way to fix trolls / people who qq for not getting the lane that they want.

Atomos Darksun

11-19-2012

bump

KnightxSScarlett

11-20-2012

Reporting doesn't encourage bullying. Vote to kick from queue does.

ShinyPockets

11-20-2012

I see the potential good in this suggestion, but it would be abused, stuff like this would just make league that much closer to becoming like the HON community, granted league has a number of toxic players riot is actively making attempts to weed them out and something like this wouldn't help. They removed elo loss upon ranked dodge, so honestly if you truly feel that it's about to go badly, kick yourself.

Maou

11-20-2012

There is no "perfect system". You either have the current system that encourages trolls to ruin games like this example:
Playing ranked, everyone is very friendly except for someone with a name like Pabl0128. He doesn't say anything. Everyone is asking for positions and actually compromising, would you prefer mid? Sure, I can handle jungle or support, just everyone being great. We all have our positions assigned but are unable to find out what this Pabl0128 wants because he is last pick and refuses to talk. Last choice is a jungle pick and he decides to pick Teemo and then typed "I mid jajaja". Okay so now it just takes one person to ruin an entirely built and composed squad. Everyone is really sad and upset we had something going so I took one for the team and dodged. This current system is broken. People shouldn't have to dodge and expect repercussions because of one person ruining a game.

Or the second system would be able to rectify that. A voting system having 4 votes similar to surrendering. When ranked games are on the line people aren't going to be voting to just remove "bad picks" they are going to be able to remove players they know are going to harm the game, bad English, poor attitude, insults at the start, arguing over positions and lack of compromise. When a player sees these things, why would anyone feel the want to play a 20-50 minute game knowing that this one person will bring down the entire team? I know I've dodged dozens of games when the above had been noticed.

P.S. This system doesn't encourage bullying, it encourages teamwork and community. When a group has a common goal, they are going to work their best at it to achieve it. This will weed out the ones who play to only grief for the ones who wish to actually enjoy the game.

kludgeypi

11-20-2012

This would be a great idea if there were a couple limitations put on it. My first thoughts are that the amount of "kick" votes you have should be limited. For starters maybe, let people earn 1 kick vote for every 2 ranked games they complete. Next, require all 4 teamates to vote to kick, not just a simple majority.