How train specific player skills(need tips)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AleShadow

11-18-2012

Hi, well as all you know in any MOBA game you need to have certain "skills" no matter what champion you play, some examples:
-Last Hitting
-Map Awareness
-Warding
-Deep Knowledge of other champions
-Turtling(dunno what is that, a smurf guy mentioned it in my last game)
-Turret hug(without get underfarmed)
-Position(during team fights)
-Gank detection(ability to realize when ur opponent has hidden allies without checking bushes)
-Team Fight reading (ability to "see" what is happening during a team fight and take good decisions)
...etc

What I am most lacking of is Team Fight reading and Map Awareness...sometimes my allies go to gank my lane(without telling me anything) and I dont realize in time.
And of course during a team fightI just spam my spells and cant realize who is winning or who is being focused until almost everyone are dead.
Can you give me some specific tips to improve these?
I've heard playing champs wiith global range skills(like gankplank) u learn map awareness....

TheLoNeLiGhT

11-18-2012

I am by no means a good LoL player, but I might have a couple answers.
For map awareness, at least from my previous experience in rts games, keep glancing at the minimap to see whats going on elsewhere.
As for team fighting, what I hear is to focus the carries (AD, AP) first as they will have the most damage output, not the tanks as it is their job to soak up damage.

mambawarrior0

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoNeLiGhT View Post
I am by no means a good LoL player, but I might have a couple answers.
For map awareness, at least from my previous experience in rts games, keep glancing at the minimap to see whats going on elsewhere.
As for team fighting, what I hear is to focus the carries (AD, AP) first as they will have the most damage output, not the tanks as it is their job to soak up damage.
Basically this, however, if you are a carry yourself, do NOT put yourself at risk just to hit their carry. Hit whoever you can most safely kill. There are too many times where I see a carry dive straight into the middle of the enemy team and get focused and bursted down almost instantly.

Protosauce

11-18-2012

Maybe i can contribute to the Team Fight section. In my experience, my teamfight skill was directly linked to my knowledge of other characters their roles/skills/weaknesses. When I started with my friend, he would explain to me who we were laning against, and what to watch out for. After a while and some games under my belt, i knew what to look out for in skirmishes and TFs. For example, I started playing Alistar when i was new, and i would watch for characters who had channeled ults, such as Katarina, Malzahar, Fiddlesticks, Nunu, Twisted Fate and Urgot. When i knew who i was playing against, and that a majority of their damage come from their ults which were channeled, i look to interrupt them with my smash/hb. Learning how other characters function is vital to understand what is going on in a TF, skirm, or even a 1v1.

Also, little thing you will pick up from playing games. Ex, when Tristana uses her Rocket Jump to either escape or catch up, the game actually acts as if she is dashing over the ground(some weird code thing), such as Tryndamere or Shen. Therefore, she is still target-able by spells, auto attacks and all form of CC. This mean that knock-ups(no innuendo intended)(milehighclub), pulls, and stuns will cause her model to drop to the ground and not complete the whole 'jump'.