A new support that heals or repairs turrets

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

soccerpie19

11-18-2012

I think this would be awesome riot.

Dux Hominum

11-18-2012

Right off the bat, OP.

Just that ability alone would make it almost impossible to hold turrets without them.

Team comps would have to evolve either turret-burst or turret-heal capabilities.

I'd say it would be best to just let this concept go. (I've spent way too much time trying to figure out how to make it work.)

The5lacker

11-18-2012

One, Heimerdinger does that.

Two, that's hideously overpowered and subverts a central mechanic of the game, I.E. any and all turret damage is permanent progression to your goal.

proXc

11-18-2012

But the best part about it is that it affects gameplay to such a degree. I would personally make it a new breed of champions, similar to junglers, and in fact make them direct opposites of junglers. Junglers gain certain advantages when turrets go down but usually they're required to help take a turret down. So if there is a new kind of champion running around while not being a total nuisance to their teammates, that stops junglers from being such a huge influence, I'd welcome it. Then again, with this new jungle approaching, I wouldn't introduce anything like this into a design. It does depend on junglers in my opinion.
P.S. Being in direct competition with an enemy jungler would only be half of what I'd introduce with the new breed of turret-helpers. I think I'd make them significantly weaker in some way so that they're easy enough to take out if they're hanging around one lane too long.. but if they could successfully stay in a lane without being a hindrance, such as with a jungler taking EXP, then they'd "secure" a lane from ganks or strong pushes or something..