Playing for 3 days - Leaver Level 2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BearsysRevenge

11-18-2012

I understand there's nothing to do about it now, yadda yadda.

My question is how to prevent it in the future.

My problem: In game, the screen will freeze, music and sound will continue for a short while, until it too, stops. I can move the pointer and all, but that's it. Can't click anything, can't Alt-Tab, can't Ctrl-Alt-Del. No option except popping the battery.
There are no disconnect warnings and I don't think it's a ping issue.

I guess it's just the **** laptop I'm on, but is there anything I can do to make the game run on lower specs to prevent possible computer overloads?

Obviously the best thing to do is to get a rig that can actually handle games, and that is coming in the future, but in the meantime, wat do?

BStein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

i have no clue what could be wrong are u getting any errors or anything like that. also you may want to post your question in this forums, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...splay.php?f=15, they will be able to offer more help then i could

NightmareRofls

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Send a ticket in to support. To have the game run faster you should make all the settings are on low and disable vertical sync (unless you get lots of screen tearing)

mambawarrior0

11-18-2012

Settings for best performance:
Settings: Custom.
Resolution: Match desktop resolution.
Character Quality: Very Low.
Environment Quality: Very Low.
Effects Quality: Very Low.
Shadows: No Shadow.
Frame Rate Cap: Benchmark, 25 FPS or Stable (depending on hardware).
Wait for Vertical Sync: Unchecked or Checked (depending on hardware).

Taken from support site

BearsysRevenge

11-19-2012

Happened again today. 3 day suspension.

I had already cut the settings down to their lowest.

I'm just gonna stop playing until I can buy my new computer.

BearsysRevenge

11-19-2012

And for the record, the laptop I'm on is technically capable of handling it. Specs meet reqs.

I think its just a p.o.s.

The Acid Drop

11-20-2012

I'm having the exact same problem got a day long ban on two accounts.

Peppe DG

11-20-2012

Test settings/changes in a custom game with just you and bots in it. Then leaving/crashing will not trigger any punishment.

If you do have the specs to play then there is probably more you can do to help with crashes.

On a laptop if the crash is after playing for a while it might be heat / overheat. Feel the bottom of the laptop after the crash. If there are any spots that you can't keep your hand on more than a few seconds then you might have a heat problem. A laptop cooler would help, or simply running on a hard surface and raising up the back will help any internal fans work better. If it is old and neglected you might use a can of compressed air to try to blow any accumulated dust off the laptop fans/vents.

If it just crashes randomly then you might need to update your drivers. Focus on the video card and sound card drivers.

Assume this is windows PC:
If you have a lot of software running in the background you might try shutting them down while playing. Check the lower right for additional things that are running that you might shutdown/uninstall.

You might install and run Spybot, http://www.safer-networking.org/.
In general uninstall programs you no longer use.

Sometimes windows itself is the issues, so as a last resort, If you have a friend that is good with computers you might get some help to format and re-install windows. Backup your personal files to another machine/second harddrive.

Stability can be difficult to troubleshoot if it is inconsistent, so it may help to pay more attention to when the machine crashes. Does it do it for any other games or things you do on the laptop?