Le'Tara: The Void Beacon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dux Hominum

11-18-2012

My idea for this champion was a more malleable one, with a bruiser build focused on attack & health to work with the summon, a flat AP build that would mostly rely on Q and E, or a Hybrid Attack damage/AP build. Basic attack-wise, I was thinking a ranged (lower end of the scale) tentacle jab.

Older teenage girl, athletic build (ie actually has meat on her bones). white hair, purple tinged.
Exists in a perpetual dreamlike state, refuses to acknowledge seriousness of any situation. moves around in a smooth, very slightly swaying gait, like a much reduced version of a drunkard’s stumble. seems at once barely awake and entirely focused on an individual; focus shows through on occasion. Speaks in a sleepy, whimsical fashion; vindictive tilt at points.

Clothing Option 1:wears flats, wide pants, abdomen is tightly wrapped by light purple cloth in horizontal strips from waist to shoulders. Large overcoat; no front, basically a sleeved cape. Sleeves cut into wide, square strips at elbow, jewel set into each strip near the end of sleeve. black irises, pupils glow slightly purple.

Clothing Option 2: Very Large purple & tan robe. Sigils/runes inked onto outside. Tentacles protruding from underneath and through sleeves. Slit in back allows larger tentacle to move out to the left, coils around over right shoulder and is used for basic attacks.

*Either set of apparel would need a larger tentacle somewhere in it to perform basic attacks

Quotes:

Selection: Mind if I bring my friends along?

Movement: It does look nicer over there
I wonder what color they’ll bleed
too bad this place won’t be around much longer
Hold still, there’s someone who’d like to meet you

Joke: tentacle seems to tether itself to two points in the air, forming a hammock that she lays in.
"Who'd be afraid of a monster under the bed? Beds need sleep too."

Taunt: I must be dreaming. There’s no way you’re making it THIS easy.

Dance: Tentacles form a circle (a la Da Vinci’s perfect human) and she rolls around
OR: Tentacles rise and she tangoes with them.

Stats:
Health 400 (+80)
H. Regen 6 (+0.6)
Mana 220 (+60)
M. Regen 5.5 (.75)
Range 225
Attack Damage 49 (+3)
Atttack Speed .65 (+2.5%)
Armor 15 (+3.5)
Magic Res. 30 (+1)
Mov. Speed 335

Abilities:

passive: Hearing the Call - Le’Tara’s gains 1/2/3 attack damage per stack against targets affected with Icathian Beacon

Q: Void Light: (skillshot) Le’Tara fires a beam of void energy, damaging enemy units in its path and applying 1/2/3/4/5 stacks of Icathian Beacon.
deals 80/130/180/230/280 (+85% AP)
* * *Passive: Le’Tara’s basic attacks and Void Light place stacks of Icathian Beacon on her Target. Stacks allow enemies to be targeted by Abominations (max 10 stacks) If no stack is added/refreshed for 3 seconds, stacks will begin disappearing at a rate of one stack per second. Adding stacks refreshes duration.

W: Abomination: (ranged AoE indirect) Le’Tara calls forth a lesser evil from the void, dealing damage and increasing her attack speed by 15/20/25/30/35% (AoE diameter 250, deals 60/100/140/180/220 +70% AP damage). Abominations have 40% of Le’Tara’s health and 50/60/70/80/90 (+50% AD) (+35% AP) damage. Abominations will die automatically after ten seconds. Cannot Target champions that do not have stacks of Icathan Beacon on them. Can target buildings without beacons. Abominations last for3.5/4/4.5/5/5.5 seconds
If an abomination's attack removes the last stack of Icathian Beacon on an enemy, that unit is feared for 0.65 seconds

E: Nihil Passage: (AoE, local) Le’Tara createsa small portal to the void, consuming 3/4 of the stacks on every target in range. Le'tara is healed for 50% of the damage dealt by stack consumption. Deals 40/55/70/85/100 (+40% AP) plus 10/15/20/25/30 (+20% AP) per stack consumed.

R: Transcendance: Le’Tara attempts to open a full portal to the void. Portal stays open for 6/8/10 seconds, then recedes. Enemies on the portal are slowed and gain one stack of Icathian Beacon per second. Arranged around the edge of the portal are six indepentently operating tentacles, which have attack speed of .650/.700/.750 with damage equal to Le’Tara’s (AD + AP) * .5 Portal closes if Le'Tara dies. Tentacles focus Le'tara's most recent attack target.
cooldown 180/170/160
cast range 500
AoE Diameter: 750
Tentacle Attack range: 275

Lore:
Ages ago, Icathia was a jewel of a city. As cities must, it had a thriving populace that waxed and waned with the passing of time. From one such decline, it did not return. Priests and Prophets called to the heavens to save their dying city, and they were answered. With divine blessing, a girl was born as a beacon of hope for their society, and so was called Le’Nabe. With her help, and the unyielding devotion of Icathia’s every remaining citizen, she would lead the city to a golden age of knowledge and prosperity.

Beacons, however, can be seen by all who care to look for them. Le’Nabe soon attracted the attention of a Greater Being of the void. Looking upon her, it saw a great potential for good, a heroic destiny, and above all, overwhelming power in the hands of an infant. Subtly opening a gate to Runeterra, it stole her away one night, clouding her eyes and mind as it did so. The clouds served both to lead astray her heroic purpose and to shield her from conceiving the sheer horror of the Void, and being destroyed in doing so. With only a glimpse of the creature that stole away their divine intervention to explain what had happened, the city of Icathia twisted into the image of its new "divine" and slowly faded away.

The creature kept Le’Nabe, raising her as a disciple to its intent. Though it deemed her ready for her task short years after it began, it kept her in the ageless mists of the Void, waiting for the world to fall. As centuries passed, the creature began to smile. Awoken and guiding herself back to the world, Le’Nabe came to Runeterra with her Patron’s blessing. As Le’Tara, the beacon of the Void, the clouds in her mind do nothing to obscure the purpose given her; to annihilate the Institute, the League, and anything else that might stand to block the pathway she paves for her master.

The numbers are still at first draft, so they're probably rather unbalanced. More reviews are always appreciated!

EDIT: Fixed snare, specified a few fuzzy points about Abominations & beacons.
EDIT: Lore added (first draft)
EDIT: Added cooldown info and range stipulation on ult.
EDIT: Moved "Icathian Beacon" passive onto w, replaced with "Hearing the Call" passive and nerfed root time on E
EDIT: Changed the joke. might not be great, but it's better than it was.
EDIT: Abomination attacks no longer consume beacon stacks.
-Ult no longer has distance restriction
-Nihil Passage buffed to .275 root from .25
-Hearing the Call increased from .5/1/1.5 to 1/2/3
-Added stats section along with AoE and Tentacle range on ult
EDIT: Tweaked Lore to better fit existing Icathia lore.
-Continued adding stats
EDIT: Moved Beacon passive onto Q, redesigned W and E
EDIT: Added Fear to W

Juicybutt

11-18-2012

Big fan of the design idea. The dialogue is clever, minus the (intentional?) hand puns. And the abilities are interesting without being ridiculously over-involved like many custom champs.

However, the snare is overpowered. You can't have an ability with the potential to cause 5 seconds of immobility. The current longest stun/snare in the game (if I'm not mistaken) is Ashe's Crystal Arrow, which causes a maximum of 3.5 sec of stun and that's only if you manage to land a shot from over 2800 units of distance. AND it's an ult.

Most champion's snares clock in somewhere between 1 and 2 seconds. Because it requires 10 stacks to achieve the full potential, you MIGHT be able to get away with a .3 sec per stack ratio, giving the ability a max of 3 seconds (like morg's ability when maxed). Other more experienced summoners than I would have to comment on that.

With that out of the way, I have a few questions.

Is this champion ranged or melee?

How long does a stack of Icathian beacon last on an enemy?

Do the abominations require beacons to attack creeps or just champions?

Dux Hominum

11-18-2012

Whoops, typed the snare wrong. It's supposed to do half of the stacks; making a max of 2.5 seconds.

Thanks for the other things, though. Needed a sounding board to find out what I was missing.
(and the hand puns are intentional)

Dux Hominum

11-20-2012

bump

marelord

11-22-2012

its very nice idea i will have more to say when her lore comes out everything else is ok

Dux Hominum

11-26-2012

Added the Lore.

Might be a little long, and definitely needs some editing. Please ask if there's anything you're wondering, I'd love an excuse to give it a little more depth (outside the confines of proper grammar).

Jeez, I hope this doesn't conflict with existing Icathia lore.

Dux Hominum

12-02-2012

Bump

(Hey, cool, 500 views)

VoNeku

12-02-2012

Lore seems REALLY good. I'd check the Icathia lore though (like you mentioned).

I think you need to find another way to consume the beacons other than stun. Maybe have her gain some AP and AD based on how many beacons are nearby, and replace her E with another ability, maybe a utility spell such as a knockback that does damaged based on how many beacons the hit enemies have.
I also think the strikes from the ulti tentacles should consume beacons to stun as well, perhaps one beacon per strike for a 0.5 second stun with a 1 second attack delay, and just regular damage with no stun for targets without beacons.

tabuk

12-02-2012

her passive only work with "abomination", instead of make that pasive like innate, you could make it the passive of the skill abomination

"E: Nihil Passage: (skillshot) Le’Tara creates and throws a small portal to the void, dealing damage to the first target it hits. Also consumes half (rounded down) of the stacks of Icathian Beacon on the target, dealing damage and rooting the target for .5 seconds for each stack consumed."

5 second of root per stack consumed?!?!?!<-me bad, i thoung it was 5 and not 0.5
thats too much, maybe you can give 0.3~0.4 seconds of root per stack

Dux Hominum

12-02-2012

Added some restriction to the ult.

Also, that stun idea seems like it would make an OP ability even worse, but it might work if it applied a snare only to targets struck while inside the ability's AoE. Perhaps only targets that have multiple beacons.

hmm... would diversity in the way of replacing a snare with a stun be helpful?