My Apology to the community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rädio

11-18-2012

Dear fellow summoners,

During the somewhat large ban that was laid out a few days ago I was only somewhat surprised to find that my name was in the hat. I wanted to apologize to any summoners on my team or the enemy team during the games that I had gotten frustrated with or lost faith in.

It's never quite acceptable to berate someone due to me losing my patience with someone flaming another teammate or myself. I personally believe that there's never an instance where it would be considered acceptable to verbally abuse another teammate despite what they may or may not be doing. There were a few games where I had gotten frustrated (I found this through the e-mail I was sent) and obviously gave up.

As an example, one game I was playing Elise top lane and got completely dominated by their Jayce. Around 25 minutes in I had given up, without saying a single thing in chat other than the usual mia's. I had sold all my items since they were in our base and it was a clear loss, and I bought, with what money I had, nothing but Phages. I don't believe it was justified, because one should never do such a thing. I think we should fight on until one team's nexus is destroyed. There were a couple of these instances, and I am in complete agreement with my ban.

Despite the slim chance, I'd like to give an explanation* for my behavior, for those of you who might have unfortunately been on the receiving end. However, this isn't an excuse:

I work graveyard in a restaurant. People can be extremely, extremely rude when it comes to their food. The nights are long, the work is exhausting, and there's little to no time to relax. After these exceptionally long days at work, I tend to have less patience than usual. I play league for fun, but there are those one nights where I just can't seem to tolerate anything. And I sincerely apologize for that. It's unfortunately true that the anonymity that the internet provides sometimes gets the best of us. And for that, I'm sorry. I'd like to thank Riot for giving me a time to reflect on the decisions I've made and help improve my game play and interaction with other summoners.

I'd also like to thank anyone that took the time to read this, I appreciate it.

-Radio

*Not meaning it's acceptable

LittleDi

11-18-2012

You're one of the people whom I respect enough to say I'd give you another chance sooner than your ban would say.

SoresuMakashi

11-18-2012

Good to hear.

Being able to admit that you've done something wrong is a big step towards reform. I hope you're able to turn your suspension into a positive force.

vulgarwolf

11-18-2012

I think its a last ditch effort to have a ban overturned.

As soon as riot stand their ground and say no its not gonig to happen, the opinion will change again.

Seriously, this isnt like a job where you realise you are wrong and you speak to teh boss, people know what they do and the implications.

There are more than enough tribunral examples out there that people know right from wrong

Rädio

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulgarwolf View Post
Actually the ban was only temporary, and is already over. I just wanted to express my feelings and apologize to anyone whom might have been on the receiving end. Sorry for the confusion

LittleDi

11-18-2012

Don't worry about vulgarwolf. He's a bit forum troll right now. Most of us actually welcome improvement instead.

Rädio

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
Don't worry about vulgarwolf. He's a bit forum troll right now. Most of us actually welcome improvement instead.
Thanks for the kind words I think we could all strive for improvement, however little.

SoresuMakashi

11-18-2012

Quote:

As soon as riot stand their ground and say no its not gonig to happen, the opinion will change again.
I've been staying out of your differences of opinion with Rampant, but in this case I have to ask you not to be so cynical of others. Yes, there are a lot of irreversably toxic players that come to the Tribunal forums complaining about this and that. That does not mean that you should go around acting as if everyone else is incurable and has selfish motives. He didn't ask to be unbanned. Hell, he thanked Riot. This is more or less the most sincere sounding apology you'll see on the forums.

Please be more open-minded to those who come to the forums in future.

TheFlyingSpoon

11-18-2012

Quote:

Seriously, this isnt like a job where you realise you are wrong and you speak to teh boss, people know what they do and the implications.

There are more than enough tribunral examples out there that people know right from wrong

I don't think so. I think it's really positive and helpful to have some players post positive change, or the potential for positive change in the forum. It shows that the Tribunal is helping some players change their ways!

-And that is backed up by evidence- but it's nice to actually have "hard evidence" from players that have been positively affected by the Tribunal.

Gunxlinger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Nice story. Now show us your report card.