Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sword of the Divine

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tony Mõntana

11-18-2012

Anyone else feel this item is a little too strong with the 100% crit chance

For example shaco with black clever first and then with this item you can instagib someone with q crit + aa crit + e + aa crit + aa crit all in 3 seconds which is by the time they get out of the box fear.

I can think of other champions that work well such as vayne if she rushes it after bt. 3 hit someone from full hp I imagine, so basically condemned and you'd be dead

An item with broken concept if you ask me.

ihave2cows

11-18-2012

I know this isnt really the point, but in most cases you would get more damage dealt by grabbing a LW instead of BC first.

PizzaRice

11-18-2012

Put it on mundo with IE and his E activated, hilarity ensues.

TheLazyGent

11-18-2012

The only thing they can really do with it is increase the price cause the 3 crits are part of what makes this item useful and it must be kept or it isn't really worth picking. Think about it for a second, you're paying for 40% attack speed which is about 950 gold from recurve bow. You pay basicly 1.1k for the active which is purely offensive and lasts 3 hits. While it works very effectively if you reach the right targets, chances are you won't. This is a very good item for dueling/trading thou. The issue of nerfing it is, if you nerf it too much then no one gets it on anyone. The best thing you can do is let people adept to it and if they do, but it still wrecks everyone Riot can nerf it then.

ploki122

11-18-2012

Well... this is as strong for burst damage as PD is for sustained or Runaan for AoE...
Try to fight against a similar build with PHantom dancer and chances are that if you survive the initial burst, you will die... Once these 3 hits are gone, there is simply nothing to do... you lost 40%AS and you probably don't have much since you rely on SotD to attack quickly... and you probably have very few crit since SotD gives it to you once again... so you're a slow-attacking bursty AD stack. This is pretty much what they meant by creating new build paths... you don't have to go for sustained damages anymore...

Tony Mõntana

11-18-2012

The point is killing them in 3-4 hits, I honestly doesn't think adc/mid will be tanky enough to take 4 500ish crits and as to LW compared to BC, I took BC because of the CDR and the flat arp also, it is better.

and also since SotD lowers cooldown by half when you get a kill/assist just 1 assist will lower it to 12 seconds, not losing much.

btw.... if you fight a vayne with a bt + sotd with a vayne with pd + bt the one with sotd is going to win 0.o

Talamare

11-18-2012

It is a poorly designed idea and should be completely removed

What are they going to add next -> 90% damage reduction for 5 seconds?

TheFall3nArk

11-18-2012

The three crits are good early on , but only for initial burst , this might be useful , as said before in a dueling situation, because in a team fight if u get the chance to use the 3 crits, if those are the wrong targets , like tanks that mitigate the damage greatly due to the new defensive masteries , then your dps is greatly decreased in the team fight, the comcept is pretty cool but i think there are better alternatives, maybe assasins could utalize this item to a greater extent dut to their bursty nature, like zed. overall the item might get reworked due to giving too much burst to assassins in my opinion

Tony Mõntana

11-18-2012

no it's not for initial burst since you lose the atk speed buff, you use it to finish an enemy off once you get 1-2 hits if you can't kill them with 3 crits.

BAM SpiceWeasel

11-18-2012

This item reminds me of my days playing comp TF2 when they brought out an item called Crit-a-Cola which allowed scouts to get mini-crits and 1 shot the enemy medic (which is why it was banned from comp).

This item is currently Xin's best item. Simply buy SotD, LW or IE, boots, and 3 tank items. Hold your mouse above the ADC hit q 1 w e r and watch as the ADC disappears and you walk out alive with the team fight already won. (This probably works on many other similar champions but Xin came to mind)

I see this item being almost impossible to balance on some champions and it probably will be removed.