What champions are a good idea to have before ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FearOfTheFlesh

11-17-2012

Hello guys,

I am currently level 27 and have gotten 1 actual rune page for now will get a few more later on (this one is 3ad/6arp marks, 3 ad quints, 3 flat mr, 6 scaled mr, and 9 flat armour yellows, which seems okay for ad based champs. I'll prob make another for ap, one for support and one for jungling afterwards.

However for this topic I was wondering what champions are a good idea to have. Yes I know people like playing diff champs and finding which you like is important but what champs is it nice to have as an option because they are often helpful assuming one learns how to play them decently.

So far I have:
1-Alistar
2-Amumu
3-Annie
4-Ashe
5-Cho'Gath
6-Ezreal
7-Fiddlesticks
8-Garen
9-Janna
10-Jax
11-Kayle
12-Malphite
13-Master Yi
14-Morgana
15-Nasus
16-Nunu
17-Poppu
18-Ryze
19-Singed
20-Sivir
21-Soraka
22-Taric
23-Teemo
24-Tristana
25-Twisted Fate
26-Vayne
27-Warwick

I was looking to add the remaining 1350 champions that I don't have as they are so cheap to get anyway, and then from the 3150-4800-6500 champs start picking (already bought vayne and ezreal as I like both and this week they are on discount).

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

That's a good start, but I really don't recommend playing ranked right after level 30. I did, and I dropped to 750 ELO. I'm still not ready to go back, with 16 rune pages, 20 mastery pages, 38 champions, and alot more experience.

ScorchXBanister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
That's a good start, but I really don't recommend playing ranked right after level 30. I did, and I dropped to 750 ELO. I'm still not ready to go back, with 16 rune pages, 20 mastery pages, 38 champions, and alot more experience.
I'd say you're ready at that point -_-

As for the OP, you don't need any more champions. You have a good set and a healthy range of types. You should work on rune pages instead.

MustafaFeeds

11-18-2012

You should have a solid 3-4 champions for each role excluding the standard bans. At bare minimum you will need two rune pages, AP and AD.

here are my two rune pages (Mark/Seal/Glyph/Quint)

AD: Flat Attack damage/Flat armour/Scaling Glyph/Flat Attack damage
AP: Magic penetration/ Scaling health/ Scaling Glyph/ Flat AP(Or flat magic pen)

The champions I say would be best ranked which you consist of are

Jungle: Amumu/Cho//Warwick
Top Lane: Singed/Jax/Teemo
Mid Lane: Ryze/Twisted Fate/Morgana
AD Carry bot: Ezreal/Tristanta/Vayne(Can be hard to master)
Support: Taric/Soraka/Nunu

Quality > Quantity.

When you learn a variety of champions you are never truly amazing at one champion in which soloque you need to be. This is why people recommend a select few champions over a wide variety of "Counters", if you are amazing at your champion and your opponent is mediocre you can even overcome counters just because you are simply better than them.

If you have any questions feel free to message me in game.

Sereg Anfaug

11-18-2012

Scorch, my point was that, in all the time it took me to acquire that many champions and runes, I still haven't got the actual ingame knowledge and experience I need to be capable of carrying ranked games at my ELO. I'm simply not good enough.

Back when I was level 30, I was much, much worse.

KissingTheShadow

11-18-2012

The most important is to be good at a few champs from different roles. If they happen to ban your best champ, you don't want to rely on being good with one you don't know very well.