Nami solo mid viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iris Lemell

11-18-2012

After playing around on the PBE for awhile, looking at items and potential builds, I feel like her solo mid is viable, at least at the stage she's at due to her harass potential, as well as the high sustainability of her W.

The only major problems I can see is her incredibly squishiness if you build straight AP, and her massive mana problems early game. I was running out of mana with both a Philo, and a Chalice.

As far as build goes, I ended up going Seraph's, Boots of Lucidity, two Deathcaps, Athene's, and WotA. Obviously the build isn't optimal, as I was just playing around, but there is the potential for a high sustain, high damage mid-lane.

Of course there's always the option of Rylai's, but with such a high amount of CC already, (a slow on her AA with her E, a stun with her Q, and the slow on her Ult) is a Rylai's really necessary to have for CC? Though it augments her innate squishiness, I'm not entirely sure.

So, let's hear your input. As she is right now, do you think Nami is viable as a mid-lane champion, as well as support? And can you explain your thinking, instead of just say, saying no, and downvoting? I'm honestly looking forward to discussion of this idea.

relevantex

11-18-2012

Viable? Probably. Preferable? Probably not.

Literally What

11-18-2012

You're asking me if I think she's viable as a support champion when she's supposed to be one?

Iris Lemell

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicitea View Post
You're asking me if I think she's viable as a support champion when she's supposed to be one?
Well no, I'm asking if her going mid as a carry, or even as a support carry is viable, with how the meta currently is, or at least will be from the PBE.

Eugenides

11-18-2012

No.

Alorash

11-18-2012

Don't get 2 deathcaps, if you want health instead of Rylai's + mana to help her with her mana problems get a Rod of Ages

Iris Lemell

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alorash View Post
Don't get 2 deathcaps, if you want health instead of Rylai's + mana to help her with her mana problems get a Rod of Ages

I had considered a RoA for early game because of the health and mana.

I ended with 2 deathcaps because I had the money to throw away, and decided that I didn't really need it at that point.

I will keep RoA as an idea for laning phase.

ihaveapotion

11-18-2012

if you pick nami as mid i cant pick her as support and ill dodge.

said everyone in soloq.

Zero Suit Senpai

11-18-2012

Her cooldowns are too long.

Iris Lemell

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorshock520 View Post
Her cooldowns are too long.

Another problem that I saw, but as with her mana, it could be battled by Athene's, and Boots of Lucidity, couldn't it?

I mean, it's not too bad at level 18, 6 seconds on her Q, 5 on her W, and 7 on her E.