I'm being stressed out over my elo.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
20 games, 75% of which I won. Most of which I did quite well in. If I'm REALLY 1200 rated, there would be no way I would win 75% of my matches and make it to 1500 in 20 games.

Furthermore, I wasn't "blaming" anyone. I was pointing out the problems with lower Elo. I was the one who chose to duo-queue with a lower rated person.

Also, my match history means nothing. If you judge people based on that you're oblivious.
All you need is luck to get 1500 ELO within 20 games. Its not a good sample-size to prove that you actually belonged there.
If I was top lane and I just didn't die and farmed decently for 15 games and it so happens that the other lanes kicked ass for those games, then I would win all of those games. And in the 5 other games, I got my ass handed to me. It doesn't mean I belong at that ELO.

And alright, lets use your logic. Going 15-5 last season means you're not 1200 ELO. Alright. Well, you're going 6-12 so far this season. Explanation?
"My teammates suck." Well, if 20 games is a good sample-size, then 18 games is also a fairly good size too, right? Obviously, in your word, you going 15-5 is "I'm good" and you going 6-12 is "my teammates suck." Yeah. That makes sense.

And why does your match history mean nothing? You were the one playing those games, right? Why can't I judge you by your recent performance?
You went 0-8-7 Galio, 1-9-8 Jarvan, and 0-6-1 Soraka in ranked. That is atrociously bad.

NiceDynamite

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboRal View Post
All you need is luck to get 1500 ELO within 20 games. Its not a good sample-size to prove that you actually belonged there.
If I was top lane and I just didn't die and farmed decently for 15 games and it so happens that the other lanes kicked ass for those games, then I would win all of those games. And in the 5 other games, I got my ass handed to me. It doesn't mean I belong at that ELO.

And alright, lets use your logic. Going 15-5 last season means you're not 1200 ELO. Alright. Well, you're going 6-12 so far this season. Explanation?
"My teammates suck." Well, if 20 games is a good sample-size, then 18 games is also a fairly good size too, right? Obviously, in your word, you going 15-5 is "I'm good" and you going 6-12 is "my teammates suck." Yeah. That makes sense.

And why does your match history mean nothing? You were the one playing those games, right? Why can't I judge you by your recent performance?
You went 0-8-7 Galio, 1-9-8 Jarvan, and 0-6-1 Soraka in ranked. That is atrociously bad.
^ BAsically what he said. That's like saying "If we win, it's cause I'm good. If we lose, it doesn't count, because i'm not bad."

Elodin

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
20 games, 75% of which I won. Most of which I did quite well in. If I'm REALLY 1200 rated, there would be no way I would win 75% of my matches and make it to 1500 in 20 games.
The reason it's less of an accurate depiction of your skill level is because you played so few. 75% of 20 is only 15. If I played 20 games right now and managed to win all of them, I couldn't say I'm the greatest player in the world with a 100% win rate, because I haven't played enough games to justify the statement.

Also, it's a game, you shouldn't be letting something that's meant to be fun actually make you "depressed"

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Heh. I won, or rather was carried through, my season 2 placement matches pretty hard, and came out of them with over 1400 ELO. Before long, I had dropped all the way down to 750, and stopped playing ranked altogether.

So a good start over a very few games means next to nothing.

OP, you seem, from your description, to be skilled above your current ELO. Have faith in the mathematics that make the ELO system work - you'll be able to carry in more games then not, and eventually you'll rise to an ELO where you have a 50% win ration.

I know it looks bad, sometimes - I've only done 3 of my placement matches for season 3, and in two of them I was duo queued, but we had lanes that lost hard enough that we couldn't carry. In the third, I was solo and played a support, and between me and the jungler, we carried three of the most incompetent players I've ever seen, against five more of the same.

People are really bad down here. But that applies to both teams, and sometimes you'll have the better set - my jungler that game, for example. With your own superior skill, you'll be able to carry occasionally. And that's independant of role - getting your ADC fed as a support, or snowballing your lanes as a jungler, is just as crucial to winning the game as winning a solo lane.

So don't get hung up on which role you play. Learn all of them and be able to play them competently, and you'll be able to carry, if you really are better then your ELO.

Ironhide1996

11-19-2012

thx this helped me calm my nerves as well because i would have non farming adc's,
no warding supports and **** like taht i knew placements are just hell to go through

Ollypayy

11-19-2012

Ha. I know what you mean OP.
5/10 of my placement matches ended up as a 2v5 or a 4v5.
& As a result, I only managed to get 1.2k elo .

On the bright side, I carried my team last game as vayne & I bought wards and did everything for them :d.
17/2 with a penta ;d.

And yea... Don't stress out too much about it.
I guess it's really based on luck :s. If you're lucky, you'll get a good co-operative team. If you're not, then... your team is probably gonna kill each other before your opponents can even get to you :l.

Good luck with the rest of your ranked matches ^^

ExecutionerK

11-19-2012

****s happen, I have friends that is 2k in s2 and now they are struggling at silver.

Eventually things will clear up though, all that matter is time.

ryzeonline

11-19-2012

Neal The Eel... dude... I feel you.

I've been there so many times

Ultra-positive, but matched with people who don't "get it".

I've written pages and pages on how to have a better solo queue experience for people who actually want to have FUN in their games, maybe these will help ya:

[Solo Q Secrets #001] Surrendering Wins Games
[Solo Q Secrets #002] Boring S*** Gets You Kills
[Solo Q Secrets #003] The Skills Of Strangers (Or... Not)
[Solo Q Secrets #004] ELOs Like Money - Use It Wisely
[Solo Q Secrets #005] P-P-P-P-P-Pokerface.

Hope some of what I shared helps ya, keep ryzin'!

Etherimp

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboRal View Post

I have the replays from all of those games if you'd like to see them.

0-8-7 Support Galio. My team was Nocturne, Tryndamere, Lux, Tristana. Mid fed Akali. We had very little CC and no real "tank", and all other tanky characters were banned or taken (other team got Taric). I switched to mid from Bot lane to stop Lux from feeding Akali, and Akali proceeded to 2-3 shot me thanks to feed from Lux. Akali carried their game with 16 kills, Top Lane Kayle went 12/3 versus top lane Tryndamere. I'm a support tank in a game with 2 fed carries on the enemy team and 2 of my lanes failed hard. I'd like to see you carry that as Galio.

0-6-1, support Soraka. Again, I am support and my team goes: 1/4 (Missfortune.. My assist.) 0/4 Warwick, 0/4 Veiger, 0/7 Darius. My lane is doing fine until the other lanes feed, then the enemy team roams down to bottom and starts getting double kills on me and MF. Again, please tell me how I am supposed to carry as Soraka with a failing team?

1-9-8 Jarvan actually wasn't that bad. I was jungling, Botlane Taric went 0/8, Graves went 6/7.. I handed him a double kill early in the game. Mid lane (my duo queue) was 10/5 Fizz. I handed him first blood and a couple of other kills through ganks. Our Olaf was solo-top and he was 0/5.. He was not present for a single team fight and he roamed/solo'd the entire game. I had 9 deaths because I was initiating against a relatively fed enemy team and most team fights were 4v5. We lost the game because it was 4v5. Olaf was underfarmed, and completely useless to us.

This is why I say you can't judge based on match history. If, however, you'd like to take a look at a few of the replays from my games and judge me based on that, I'd be more than accepting of any criticism you have.

Etherimp

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
****s happen, I have friends that is 2k in s2 and now they are struggling at silver.

Eventually things will clear up though, all that matter is time.

Ah, yeah, but haven't you heard? If your Elo is crappy right now, you are a horrible player and should feel bad. You didn't deserve your rating last season. Pshh.