Why go against the meta?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyrodruid

11-18-2012

Because by trying to break the meta it produced more varied gameplay.

Going completely against it probably isn't the best way to break it, tweeking it little by little (such as duo top) will slowly lead to a change in meta.

Personally I've been having success with ADC mid, and APC bot with a Soraka, her MR reduction and mana supply give AP's a nice boost to damage and sustain.

Ryladine

11-18-2012

Saying "meta is the only way to go" is a stupid mindset, I never play to this so called "meta" however I win as much as I lose, it makes no difference in gameplay, and frequently I carry my team rather than the other way around.

Joe Krake

11-18-2012

Because otherwise the game will just become stale. It sucks when trying anything outside the meta people flip a **** and dodge the game.

Ramachese

11-18-2012

There are always other ways to successfully play the game. Just because something is 'meta' does not mean it is the only way to play successfully.

Mageinta Warrior

11-18-2012

Because the meta has always been the same, right?

mnun

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun ******* View Post
It works, so why go against it? It's not there because it doesn't work. It's there because it DOES work. I'm tired of people bringing up stupid team comps and saying "Oh we don't have to follow the meta."

True, you don't, but don't expect me to NOT blame you when we lose. Going against the meta is a horribly stupid idea, and generally doesn't work. Stop being bad. Just play the meta.
It's a game, and if people don't feel like playing the same cookie cutter match ups every game then let them! Again it's only a game meant for entertainment, not for your *****ing

Bėst Kat NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

meta is boring tho Q.Q

Drakojan

11-18-2012

Because Zed + Kat Mid. That's why.

TheyCallMeWombo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Being creative and testing things against the "Meta" is how the Meta evolves and this is how more depth is brought into the game over a long period of time.

Yourcatmolested

11-18-2012

Most people who play this game aren't good enough to play outside the meta. that's the problem. If this game was filled with outstanding, or even mostly decent players it wouldn't be a problem. But it's plagued with awful players who seem like they can barely tie their shoes. Therefor, unless you're together with a group of skilled friends, the meta is the best way to go.

Nothing anyone can say will change that. Small tweaks to find a better meta is fine. But the meta is there because it works. I'm not saying the meta will always stay the same. Not at all. Every team should consist of a tank, support, jungler, and ADC.