Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Carrying as top...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ne44to

11-18-2012

You guys totally ignored the fact that I do not want to switch lanes or champions... But you are making it seem more and more that that is a requirement. Which to me seems like BS, why would anybody ever want to play top (or support)?

@SovietBlade, I know how to play all the roles (some not as well as others), I just like top a lot more. If you check out my stats, you will learn that I do not in fact have a charming kdr, I peel, gank mid, invade jungle, etc. As expected of a decent top. I am confident enough to say I know how to teamfight. I will give you an example: I was playing lee sin. All of my team but me was mid (including malz with ult available). The other teams jungle was farming top, their adc was bot. 3 were mid. I went behind one of them, kicked them into my team. My team almost didn't react at all, ended up chasing the person I kicked. Then the rest of the enemy team joined us mid, and destroyed us. And I was *****ed at for starting a 5 v 5.

@youmadbroimnasty what do you mean?

KnightxSScarlett

11-18-2012

He's suggesting you solo bot.

ne44to

11-18-2012

^ As a top champion? If so that is unrealistic....

KnightxSScarlett

11-18-2012

Not really. I can do it with Singed, Yorick, Nidalee, etc.

mnun

11-18-2012

Quote:
Mageinta Warrior:
Not really. I can do it with Singed, Yorick, Nidalee, etc.
It's still not as viable as adc support bottom. And those are either unkillable champs (singed) or ranged champs that have no problems farming or harassing a 2v1 lane.

KnightxSScarlett

11-18-2012

That's the point. You send your adc/support top so they can kill the $#@! out of their top lane Darius or whatever.

BlackDiamondFox

11-18-2012

have your jungle feed you like hell. if you get all those kills top and shut down their top, you should be able to hyper carry

Mindllapse

11-18-2012

jungle and mid are best ways to carry a game

I was a 1200 elo player in s2 because I kept trying to play top/bot to carry, but now I'm 1500+ just from going 8-1 win record as TF mid in my placement matches in s3

G0tt

11-18-2012

some say support can carry...i just played Rumble support (a bit weird) I ended being fed...without farm ofc , darius 3-0-0 top decided to wait someone else to initiate in team fights vs an AP kog maw who was raping us with long range...whenever i went in..i ended fighting alone...sometimes teams can NOT be carried, so many idiots...

Mindllapse

11-18-2012

Quote:
G0tt:
some say support can carry...i just played Rumble support (a bit weird) I ended being fed...without farm ofc , darius 3-0-0 top decided to wait someone else to initiate in team fights vs an AP kog maw who was raping us with long range...whenever i went in..i ended fighting alone...sometimes teams can NOT be carried, so many idiots...

you made your team lose by going rumble support rofl

doesn't matter how fed you were, you made your team lose a valuable role with a true support champ