"Derp" Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinney

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radamanthys3 View Post
I've been dying to try out AP Rammus

Rush Rod of Ages, Rylai's, Abyssal's Scepter, Zhonya's Ring

and shoes of course
I've seen an AP Rammus once. The reflection damage from Defensive Ball Curl (he had Thornmail, too, for maximum lulz) was insane.

Constant Comet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Migra View Post
I've seen an AP Rammus once. The reflection damage from Defensive Ball Curl (he had Thornmail, too, for maximum lulz) was insane.
That might have been me... xD I like trying out non-standard builds on champions. Rammus is a great one, because his AP ratios scale so well. Powerball has a 1:1 ratio, so snagging a bit of caster gear on him causes an incredibly powerful burst nuke + taunt combo. His ult also gains off of AP, allowing you to solo push a tower in a few seconds.

My favorite one that worked surprisingly well is AD Anivia. When manamune first came out, I decided to try the build that I had joked about with my friends for such a long time. It ended up working incredibly well. Breaking it down, Anivia has two AOE slows, a stun, a huge burst nuke, wall (super versatile for both offense and defense), and a long attack range. You can ensure a constant stream of High DPS by nuking and auto attacking while cooldowns are active. It pissed off my team at first, but the results spoke for themselves.

Larson McMurphy

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant Comet View Post
That might have been me... xD I like trying out non-standard builds on champions. Rammus is a great one, because his AP ratios scale so well. Powerball has a 1:1 ratio, so snagging a bit of caster gear on him causes an incredibly powerful burst nuke + taunt combo. His ult also gains off of AP, allowing you to solo push a tower in a few seconds.

My favorite one that worked surprisingly well is AD Anivia. When manamune first came out, I decided to try the build that I had joked about with my friends for such a long time. It ended up working incredibly well. Breaking it down, Anivia has two AOE slows, a stun, a huge burst nuke, wall (super versatile for both offense and defense), and a long attack range. You can ensure a constant stream of High DPS by nuking and auto attacking while cooldowns are active. It pissed off my team at first, but the results spoke for themselves.
This is an off topic question, but I saw on your item list from that match that you had lichbane and triforce. I'm assuming since you had both that their effects stack so that you can get the bonus from each on a single attack. Is this true?

Constant Comet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larson McMurphy View Post
This is an off topic question, but I saw on your item list from that match that you had lichbane and triforce. I'm assuming since you had both that their effects stack so that you can get the bonus from each on a single attack. Is this true?
I had Guinsoo's and Trinity Force. I don't believe Trinity Force, Lichbane, or Sheen will stack.

IronMongrel

10-08-2010

If my team is stomping the enemy team, I usually just start stacking Zeals on Mordekaiser. 505 base mspd Kaiser is a very frightening thing for an underfarmed enemy carry.

Larson McMurphy

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant Comet View Post
I had Guinsoo's and Trinity Force. I don't believe Trinity Force, Lichbane, or Sheen will stack.
Ah your right. I should have zoomed in on the pic more. <facepalm>

hypershatter

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDieM View Post
You'd be surprised how many players don't pay any attention to what items everyone's building
u dont even need to look at item build if a squishy goes pure tank..

example:

hm..why is that teemo do so much DOT dmg....

o wait..

Deaths Envoy

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroghar View Post
Stacking 5 Tiamats on Miss Fortune. Someone actually wrote a whole guide on it. You clear entire creep waves with one Double Up.

Also saw a Twitched with I think 4 Malady's.
I played with a MFwith 5 tiamats and sorc boots. maybe it was the same person that made the guide. either way double up would almost 2 shot anyone near a minion or something that it could bounce off. it did insane damage.

Fenixborn

10-08-2010

Sunfire Garen

DERPMACIA!

JonKenPwn3d

10-08-2010

Sometime on my Veigar i build elixers/boots, you'd be surprised at how much AP i can get. and it works like wonders on my smurf