Trouble pumping out crazy carry DPS as Ashe.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Somohexual

10-08-2010

So recently I've been playing Ashe and having trouble keeping up with the damage and kills MF/Trist rack up in almost every game I play. I've read tons of Ashe guides and posts here on the forums about her and it seems EVERYONE has a different core build for Ashe so it must be my items since I get her play style. Currently I'm running with...

1. Dorans Blade + 1 Health Pot
2. Boots + Ward/HP pot (If I have to b soon)
3. BF Sword -> IE
4. Lvl 1/2 boots + Green Elixir
5. Negatron Cloak (If they have lots of magic)
5. BF Sword -> Black Cleaver
6. Finish Banshee's Veil

That's generally my core, if the game keeps going I'll get some random stuff depending on what the other team consists of. Is this core ineffective for Ashe? I see Trists/MFs building for generally the same thing so I can't understand how I'm doing something THAT wrong.

Thanks.

reaver99

10-08-2010

Ashe is never going to do as much damage as Trist/MF. The main reasons to play Ashe is her general utility beyond pure DPS - that is, her poke (volley), her initiation (ECA), her scouting abilites and her permaslow. Trist and MF have attack speed steroids so they're always going to be doing more damage.

edit: of course ECA doesn't have to be used to initiate

SinDur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaver99 View Post
Ashe is never going to do as much damage as Trist/MF. The main reasons to play Ashe is her general utility beyond pure DPS - that is, her poke (volley), her initiation (ECA), her scouting abilites and her permaslow. Trist and MF have attack speed steroids so they're always going to be doing more damage.

edit: of course ECA doesn't have to be used to initiate
You're doing it wrong. My Ashe does way more damage than MF / Trist. Lol

Solmina

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderfang View Post
You're doing it wrong. My Ashe does way more damage than MF / Trist. Lol
I think he means with equal amounts of farm...

SinDur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somohexual View Post
So recently I've been playing Ashe and having trouble keeping up with the damage and kills MF/Trist rack up in almost every game I play. I've read tons of Ashe guides and posts here on the forums about her and it seems EVERYONE has a different core build for Ashe so it must be my items since I get her play style. Currently I'm running with...

1. Dorans Blade + 1 Health Pot
2. Boots + Ward/HP pot (If I have to b soon)
3. BF Sword -> IE
4. Lvl 1/2 boots + Green Elixir
5. Negatron Cloak (If they have lots of magic)
5. BF Sword -> Black Cleaver
6. Finish Banshee's Veil

That's generally my core, if the game keeps going I'll get some random stuff depending on what the other team consists of. Is this core ineffective for Ashe? I see Trists/MFs building for generally the same thing so I can't understand how I'm doing something THAT wrong.

Thanks.
This build is great but not optimum. Switch the health potion for a mana potion at the start. Dorans Blade gives you 4% life steal, and if you really get Ashe's playstyle, that is enough to keep you in lane while you harass / last hit. Do not B unless you absolutely must until you can afford a BF Sword and Boots. If you have to B semi early make sure you can at least get the sword. By now you should be set up for a kill if you haven't gotten a kill or two already. The sooner you finish IE with Ashe, the sooner your damage becomes insane. Also, by level 9 you can solo the lizard, definetly do so and set up ganks with your team (lizard buff stacks with frost arrows).

My Core Build is as follows: Dorans Blade + Health Pot, Rank 1 boots + BF, IE and upgrade boots, Banshees Viel, Bloodthirster, a defensive item based on the enemy team (lately it has been thornmail), sell Dorans and build Madreds Bloodrazor.

Most games don't make it past the Viel / Bloodthirster.

Also Runes are: Crit Chance Marks, Dodge Seals, CD Reduction Glyphs, Health Quints (not THE best, but it's what I feel comfortable with)

21/0/9 Masteries, improving Ghost and Teleport (yes, TELEPORT) for summoner spells. It is oh so satisfying to launch an arrow mid after you B at 6 and have it result in a kill thanks to TP, plus it allows you to be more aggressive since you can quickly return to a lane if you get harassed. Late game it allows you to show up to fights after everyone has blown their CD's.

StardustxDragon

10-08-2010

i would go for bloodthrister or last whisper instead of cleaver

and ashe is not a crazy dps carry like most others

you want arm pen not crit chance marks and mana regen glyphs/seals

DO NOT GET TELEPORT ghost/flash is pretty much required you have no escape otherwise

Texas Snyper

10-08-2010

Trist and MF are carries, Ashe is a carry/support. She has a great initiator and perma slow aoe.

CaptainShark

10-08-2010

Last Whisper bro

Shamanb

10-08-2010

Simple ... Ashe is NOT taken for her dps.

She harrass like a god, can kite infinitly, and she have one of the best initiating move in the game. Those are the reason to pick Ashe.

She does not and will NEVER do as much dps other carries such as trist, MF or any melee carry for that matter.

She's still probably one of the best if not the best carry in the game, simply because that arrow is ******edly godly to initiate/gank.

omgwtflolbbl

10-08-2010

You're claiming that you do more damage with a champ that has no attack speed or damage steroid over a champ that has a 90% attack speed steroid and a champ that has a a 50% attack speed and potential free +56 damage per shot steroid. Unless you're much more farmed than the other, that won't happen.

Ashe, when fed, can put out super crazy damage, but that's a given for any champ. You take her because she has some very good utility and poking/kiting ability, not for the leet deeps.