Liandry's Lament Proc

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quartaroy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Does the 5% current hp damage proc before or after spell damage calculations?

For the example. Let's assume Lux is being played and blasts her Final Spark at an enemy with 105 health left. Lux's Final Spark does 100 magic damage flat and there are no magic resists in this example.

Case 1: Liandry's Lament procs before the damage calculation. Therefore, 105 damage will be dealt Final Spark for 100, and 5 for the enemy's current HP.

Case 2: Liandry's Lament procs after the damage calculation. Therefore 101~ damage will be dealth. Final Spark for 100, and less and 0.25 damage for the enemy's current HP.

tl;dr Can a lux laser burn someone to death with Liandry's Lament, even if it doesn't do quite enough by itself to kill them?

Quartaroy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Forum's moving, still curious.

avarisce

11-23-2012

yeah i've been wonderign aboutt that. also does it proc spell damaged caused by auto attacks. eg. elise's spider form. teemo's toxic shot and kayle sword thingy.

lunax3

11-23-2012

It does the dmg after the abilty as a burn kinda like brands passive.

p:s very evil on teemos mushroom :3

Labcown

11-23-2012

On top of this, I want to know how the mechanics play out if the spell you cast causes a slow.

Does Liandry's come into effect after the slow takes place and thus proccing the extra damage, or does the slow technically apply after Liandry, causing it to do the normal 5% current HP?

A Vitriolic Cat

11-23-2012

It has a base damage of 1, so in every scenario it will tick for at least 1 damage (just fyi).

In my experience, it's calculated after spell damage. Also, if you have a Rylai (again, just from my experience), Liandry will get the bonus damage from a slowed target. I believe this is because Liandry's Torment is intended specifically to be the last thing applied.

Steelflame

11-23-2012

Liandry's calculates AFTER spell damage, BUT if the target is slowed, this can actually push it's damage high enough to kill someone though a trick in its system. It calculates its damage, and then x2s it. Even if normally it wouldn't have killed the target(Note, being current hp damage, it will NEVER kill the target) it gains the potential to do so.

Bonkymnobols

11-23-2012

If it were calculated first it would be a really strong item, but as it is now it is just kind of meh.