Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

-42 elo...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apocalypsus

11-17-2012

im still shocked that this is possible...
im already done my placement matchees and i lose a game because of some idiots.
im cool with losing one or two games. but i lost 42 elo. and im just wtfing all over the place now

http://gyazo.com/aeb1421de52de5428966c29c907e4f67

Apocalypsus

11-17-2012

great. another loss another 40 elo gone.

http://gyazo.com/490253b260758c0e5e9361b5721aa3f4

Hidden Dragon

11-17-2012

If you win a game, you'll also gain ~40 ELO. You still gain larger ELO gains/losses for a few games after your placement matches to accelerate you to your proper ELO.

Lokiorin

11-18-2012

You should wiki how the ELO system works.

Basically you are given a K value which is a measure of how confident the system is in your position. The goal is to place you where you will have a 50/50 chance of winning.

Right now your K value is very high because the season is so new so the system is not sure where you belong. If you go on a losing streak you will drop like a stone, if you go on a winning streak you will rise like a rocket.

This is why near the end of season 2 it was tough to gain more than 8 ELO or so at a time. The system had a pretty good idea of where you belonged. If you watched any of the pros during that time their ratings rarely moved at all because their W/L ratio was close to 50%.