Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jarvan's ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

11-17-2012

Back when I still did PvP, I discovered that you don't need Flash or Ghost to negate it.

I played Kayle at the time. Every match against a Jarvan that I had, I would just use her ult and trash him while his team couldn't help.

Just food for thought. Sometimes locking yourself in a small space with the enemy isn't a good idea.

Beas7ie

11-17-2012

His ult was meant to be a high risk high reward type ult. If you play it right you could for instance lock in 3 or 4 enemies in Nunu's ult and then E Q them to keep them occupied long enough for Nunu to finish. But then again you could also screw over your team and keep them trapped in the enemy Anivia's ult or trapped in with that fed enemy Kat that is now ulting and could shunpo out at any time.

At it's current state though it's horrible. It's a perfect example of good on paper, poor execution. First of all there is flash and ghost that takes you right out of it and most champs have a blink or dash that can go through it. Hell even Riven's hop and Vayne's somersault goes right through what is supposed to be a ver high "impassable" barrier.

Really I use it mostly as a finisher in the same way I use Darius' and Garen's ults. And what a finish it is.

Xolic

11-17-2012

I don't understand your post.

Back when you did PvP. Do you only P v M now? jungle monsters and minions only?

Flash and ghost negate it? you can flash out of his ult and I heard people ghost out of his ult some times but I never heard of those spells negating the ult so the damage never happens.

A Jarvan that ults a fed kayle by himself deserves to die but if his team is there they can always CC you Kayles ult doesnt protect you from CC and its not like they need to be inside the circle to target you.

EDIT: You only play bot games now Please dont post when your level 24 and only plays bot games. Because while everyone is free to offer their insights of the game pre lvl 30s bronze, silver, plats etc your knowledge of the game is very very unreliable.

Endertome

11-17-2012

Quote:
Holîc:
I don't understand your post.

Back when you did PvP. Do you only P v M now? jungle monsters and minions only?

Co-op vs AI.

Mid Is A Feeder

11-17-2012

I played with a jarvan today, he was an immense player. But a few times his ult became annoying .-.

Now he seems to sort of fallen behind, with all these blinks and ways to get out of this stuff.