Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Soraka, the Support Monster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

12-01-2009

Quote:
Carom:
@ Benoit

I wouldn't go all cd runes, just your blues/quintessences. Yellow and Red should be all +health scaling runes (Vitality), especially your yellows at 19.44 health @ 18.

Dps Soraka is something to giggle at, at most you'll ever get is three kills from random starcalls/infuses/wanding.

As far as masteries go, I'm favoring a 0/11/19 build over pushing into offense for the increased early game survivability.

Why 0/11/19 and not 0/9/21? 2 more points in the third tier of Defense doesn't seem worth the lack of a final-tier mastery.

Carom

12-01-2009

Dur.

Mostly since I wasn't paying attention lol. After switching my masteries around and running a practice game I noticed that the tooltips aren't updating for the reduced cooldowns for with Blink of an Eye (-15 seconds Flash) or for Presence of the Master (-15% summoner spells).
Both my Ghost and Flash were still saying 210 and 360 seconds.

Since I don't own a stopwatch (not even my phone has one :X) I couldn't tell how the 21 pt Utility is affecting Flash, before or after the 15 seconds are taken off with Blink.

If Blink is applied before Presence then we end up with 293.25 seconds.

If Blink is applied after Presence then we end up with 291.00 seconds.

All in all it is 2.25 seconds difference, but I'm curious.

Benoit

Recruiter

12-02-2009

I wish I could save 2 masteries build

Carom

12-02-2009

It would be nice, but it's the least of my worries. I already have enough time before the game starts to switch it up if necessary and when the patch hits today we should be able to notice smoother transitions between menus as well.

ForestCrunk

12-02-2009

With the heavy nerf on aegis will you still be using it in your build?

wildfire393

12-02-2009

Quote:
TheThunderclap:
With the heavy nerf on aegis will you still be using it in your build?

I wouldn't say it's a *heavy* nerf. They gave it some HP and additional damage. The lowered armor/MR is a bit of a shame, but I still think it's going to be worthwhile. It's still the only item to provide Armor or MR in an Aura, as well as the only item to provide MR, Armor, and HP all in one package. The additional damage bonus to minions is also incredibly powerful for taking down towers, and that got buffed instead of nerfed.

Wortel

12-02-2009

Aegis' description on the website reads:

+285 Health UNIQUE Aura: +35 Armor / +40 Magic Resistance / +8 Damage to nearby allied champions.

The patch notes only mentions the change of damage from 8 to 10, so it looks like the bonuses are not applied to minions. Is there a mistake on the website?

I used to go Aegis first like you do, but now I'm wondering whether Soul Shroud first is better. The reduction in cooldown is very good for Soraka, not to mention for the rest of the team...

After Soul Shroud, Frozen Heart looks tempting: Max CD reduction, and lots of armor which has great synergy with the HPs from Soul Shroud, not to mention the aura. But I think after Soul Shroud Aegis first is best.

Carom

12-02-2009

It really depends on the team makeup for what items you end up taking, although in my five man I usually pick up Aegis/Shroud.

As far as Aegis or Shroud first, I put Aegis with higher priority since it has the greater presence in team battles than Shroud will.

Frozen Heart I usually leave to another team member to pick up, usually one of our tanks.

Overall however I'd start the game off with a Ruby Crystal or a Mana Manipulator due to the items that they build into that are essential in a Soraka build.

Ruby Crystal > Catalyst the Protector or Leviathan

Mana Manipulator > Innervating Locket or Soul Shroud

Mercury Treads are also a necessity with the amount of snares in the game.

Edit: Once the servers are up going to take another look at the AP ratios to see if they changed at all and missed the patch notes.

RedPandaLove

12-02-2009

With the change to astral blessing to do straight healing instead of heal over time... after picking up aegis/boots and either soul shroud or frozen heart... Picking up 1-2 rod of the ages would seem to be a great way to go pending if the AP ratio on astral blessing has been changed or not. With Aegis and frozen heart you will still have a substaintial amount of armor and the rods will give you health for survivability instead of additional armor/resist while the extra AP could substaintialy increase your healing (have to wait for the server to come back up to check ratios though).

Carom

12-02-2009

Another problem we'll be facing is the increased healing reduction of 65%, not to mention that abominable Executioner's Calling.