Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Soraka, the Support Monster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grinningsphinx

11-29-2009

Personally i play a dps Soraka alllll the time and win quite alot. Your mileage may vary but i like my build better then any other ive played since closed beta.

9/0/21

as many mana regen runes as you can get on your page

meki pendant + 2 health pots

lane till you have 980, port back for Tear of the Goddess.

Try to stay in lane until you have enough for Mejjaj Soulstealer.....AMAZING Ap item for Soraka...its like guaranteed gain in team fights and soooo easy to max.

Boots of Speed

Meki to Chalice(now your mana is unending)

Turn Tear into Archangels staff because its probably maxed by now if youve been spamming Q like I do.

Boots to either boots of swiftness or mercuries treads, depending on what your facing

Zhonyas Ring

From here its usually them surrendering by now however if the game is going on:

Banshee's Veil

2nd Zhonyas

Win??

My caster spells are generally heal(dragon) and teleport for quick shops

For this build to work you need to learn to run in Q and run back out until your opponents rage quit with frustration....youll be genning mana so quick and gaining it back with E that youll hardly ever run out. You might as well have a starcall aura My late game Starcalls hits for 300-400 and it seriously adds up on team fights.

wildfire393

11-30-2009

Offensive Soraka... interesting.

I've been considering running a more offensive build at one point, but I feel like she's too squishy without Aegis + other tank items. Maybe something like Rod of Ages + Rylai's Crystal Scepter (so you actually have a slow and thus the possibility of chasing people down) + Archangel's Scepter + then Zhonya's. Rod and Rylai's give you some survivability.

Going pure AP seems like it just makes you a worse version of an actual Mage hero like Morgana. She's got an AOE with better scaling, a support move that scales better, and an actual snare.

wildfire393

11-30-2009

Quote:
wildfire393:
Offensive Soraka... interesting.

I've been considering running a more offensive build at one point, but I feel like she's too squishy without Aegis + other tank items. Maybe something like Rod of Ages + Rylai's Crystal Scepter (so you actually have a slow and thus the possibility of chasing people down) + Archangel's Scepter + then Zhonya's. Rod and Rylai's give you some survivability.

Going pure AP seems like it just makes you a worse version of an actual Mage hero like Morgana. She's got an AOE with better scaling, a support move that scales better, and an actual snare.

Just tried this, it did not go so well. Like I suspected, Soraka was much too squishy. Especially since I ran mage boots over Merc Treads, any 1-2 characters with speed boosts or crowd control could show up and gank me whenever. And AP items are just far more expensive than tank/support items. The game went to 60 minutes and I couldn't get past Rod/Boots/Rylai's/Archangel's, which left me with under 300 AP, which didn't do as much as I'd hoped. I think the AP ratios are wrong on Starfall, because I was definitely getting less than 40% AP to damage on it.

cazoofoo

12-01-2009

i go with soul shroud, invigorating locket, aegis of leigon and finnish with banshees veil

wildfire393

12-01-2009

Quote:
cazoofoo:
i go with soul shroud, invigorating locket, aegis of leigon and finnish with banshees veil

I've played a lot of Soraka recently, and tried with Locket and Without. Honestly, the Locket is too slow and too low impact to be worth taking over something like the Frozen Heart. Heart gives you 110 armor, which makes you all but impermeable to autoattacks, gives you max Cooldown reduction for more Heal/Infuse/Starcall spam, and slows the enemy attacking to boot, doing more for your team than the pitiful amount of HP/Mana restored by the locket.

Carom

12-01-2009

Quote:
wildfire393:
I think the AP ratios are wrong on Starfall, because I was definitely getting less than 40% AP to damage on it.

They are less than 40% on Starcall. Just do a practice game with four Kage's Lucky Picks and you'll have a flat 100 ap (no talents/runes).

AP : Ratio

Starcall................ 1 : .25

Astral Blessing..... 1 : .11

Infuse.................. 1 : .60

Wish.................... 1 : 2.0

wildfire393

12-01-2009

Quote:
Carom:
They are less than 40% on Starcall. Just do a practice game with four Kage's Lucky Picks and you'll have a flat 100 ap (no talents/runes).

AP : Ratio

Starcall................ 1 : .25

Astral Blessing..... 1 : .11

Infuse.................. 1 : .60

Wish.................... 1 : 2.0

Thanks, first post updated to match. With this in mind, AP is definitely not the way to go on Soraka. Even with 500 or so, you're only getting a bonus 125 damage on Starfall, which is less than it's base level 5 damage. Getting 40% cooldown buffs your damage by almost as much (as 40% more frequent Starfalls means 108 more damage per 3 seconds) as well as giving you the survivability to keep firing it off.

Benoit

Recruiter

12-01-2009

Well, the only thing I want is to keep 9/0/21 and all cooldown runes. I don't NEED a DPS Soraka, but I would like to know if I still can use the item you listed with that kind of masteries (and runes). (Or maybe some items are better with a 9/0/21 build).

wildfire393

12-01-2009

Quote:
Ben0it:
Well, the only thing I want is to keep 9/0/21 and all cooldown runes. I don't NEED a DPS Soraka, but I would like to know if I still can use the item you listed with that kind of masteries (and runes). (Or maybe some items are better with a 9/0/21 build).

If you're going 9/0/21 on Soraka, you're getting 9% increased cooldowns (I assume). Assuming you take at least 6% from your rune page, that gives you the 15% that you would have gotten from Soul Shroud, freeing that up to be a different item. Any more CDR is a waste, and should be something more useful, like HP/MP regen or move speed. 9/0/21 with Locket over Soul Shroud can work, but I personally prefer the Shroud plus a fully defensive spec, which adds a lot of survivability, as well as the juicy goodness that is Improved Fort (especially post-patch, where Fortify only gets the splash damage with improved fort, it's going to be a lot more important for the Support and the Tank to take defensive trees). A full page of HP regen plus the defensive mastery that gives HP regen based on a percentage of your mana plus the Utility mastery that increases your HP/MP regen makes you basically impossible to harass early game, freeing you up to take Starfall/Infuse more early, providing more harassment of your own.

Carom

12-01-2009

@ Benoit

I wouldn't go all cd runes, just your blues/quintessences. Yellow and Red should be all +health scaling runes (Vitality), especially your yellows at 19.44 health @ 18.

Dps Soraka is something to giggle at, at most you'll ever get is three kills from random starcalls/infuses/wanding.

As far as masteries go, I'm favoring a 0/11/19 build over pushing into offense for the increased early game survivability.