[Guide] Soraka, the Support Monster

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frugqles

11-23-2009

The trouble I am having with Soraka right now... is that my lane partners are equally as effective in getting last hit kills, and their champions are much better at it. Is there something I should be doing? Or focus on communicating with my partner on splitting last hits? I don't have this problem on other champs.

wildfire393

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamRoller View Post
The trouble I am having with Soraka right now... is that my lane partners are equally as effective in getting last hit kills, and their champions are much better at it. Is there something I should be doing? Or focus on communicating with my partner on splitting last hits? I don't have this problem on other champs.
If you're maxing Q at every opportunity you shouldn't have a problem getting last hits. Pay attention to when two creeps get low and peg them both with the Starfall. I find Soraka to be a much more easy/effective farmer than someone like Ryze (or any mage without an easily-spammable AOE).

Frugqles

11-23-2009

Ahh, I've been going infuse as much as possible. I should be maxing starfall then?

Damoclese

11-23-2009

@wildfire: Yah. I do the same thing just not all at once. I get the mana manip first, then I get lvl 1 boots, then I get the shield, then I finish off the boots - then I get the shroud or the locket. It really depends on your team. My last 4 items are souly dependant on the rest of my premade. If its a pug I just do what ever and it usually works...

Although you are not nearly unbeatable. Crazy powerful heros lie Blitzcrank will obliterate you.

@ steamRoller: You can do what ever you want with her. I go ahead and max out my Starfall so I can get cash really quick. At lvl 3 starfall, if a full wave of mobs come in (and so do yours), just hit each one of the spell creeps in the back once, then do a starfall. By that time the front creep taking all of the dmg will be really low. Boom lie 80 or 90 gold for one spell. Keep spaming it and you might get a few more. Its much harder to do with out lvl 3 starfall but it can be done. *shrug* Your lane partners can wait for mana. Your not really a battery yet at lvl 5 $/...

One question tho: Do the runes directly stack with ingame items? For instance if you get the -25% from teh Ice thing, then you have the -5% from the runes; would you be effectivly at -30%? Or is it -25% of the alrdy -5%?... @.@ ... The cap is 40% right?..

wildfire393

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoclese View Post
@wildfire: Yah. I do the same thing just not all at once. I get the mana manip first, then I get lvl 1 boots, then I get the shield, then I finish off the boots - then I get the shroud or the locket. It really depends on your team. My last 4 items are souly dependant on the rest of my premade. If its a pug I just do what ever and it usually works...

Although you are not nearly unbeatable. Crazy powerful heros lie Blitzcrank will obliterate you.

@ steamRoller: You can do what ever you want with her. I go ahead and max out my Starfall so I can get cash really quick. At lvl 3 starfall, if a full wave of mobs come in (and so do yours), just hit each one of the spell creeps in the back once, then do a starfall. By that time the front creep taking all of the dmg will be really low. Boom lie 80 or 90 gold for one spell. Keep spaming it and you might get a few more. Its much harder to do with out lvl 3 starfall but it can be done. *shrug* Your lane partners can wait for mana. Your not really a battery yet at lvl 5 $/...

One question tho: Do the runes directly stack with ingame items? For instance if you get the -25% from teh Ice thing, then you have the -5% from the runes; would you be effectivly at -30%? Or is it -25% of the alrdy -5%?... @.@ ... The cap is 40% right?..
Yeah, Blitz can lay the hurt on you, especially if you're alone near a tower. Take care around him. But you really should not be alone with Soraka. Team up with a high DPS character, preferably a magic user (so they can take full advantage of your Mana recharging, -CD, and -MR to the enemies). But I've had times where there'd be one enemy was missing from a lane and a second enemy shows up to gank Teemo and Soraka, and we just start running, while I continue to spam Starfall, Astral Blessing on whoever's being focused on, and Infuse. We ended up taking out both of the gankers. Running really gives them a false sense of security, and Soraka's amazing ability to fill your bars makes her insanely good at turning these situations around if your ally is competant.

Maxing out starfall is the most effective way to get money. More money = more items = more team support. Infuse is very, very good, but Starfall is a priority due to its ability to fuel your supporting and tanking.

All Cooldown reduction stacks straight. Add the percentages up and it caps at 40%. If you do choose to go Innervating Locket over Soul Shroud, what I would suggest is to make up that 15% cooldown between your runes and masteries. 9/0/21 lets you get 9% cooldown reduction, meaning 6% from your runes lets you still max out with Frozen Heart. Your allies will need to invest a little themselves if they want full -CD, but if you/they think it would be more beneficial to get a locket, this could work.

Remember, and I cannot stress this enough, that communication is key to playing Soraka. Before the game even starts, you should talk to your team and make sure you end up laning with a Carry or a Mage. Make sure they know that you are going Aegis/Soul Shroud/Frozen Heart so they don't invest in -CD or their own Aegis. Make sure they know that rather than having to port back, you can refill their health and mana bars. Make sure they know that they can call out for Wish later if their HP gets too low (also make sure to watch the bars on the left yourself. If you ever see 3 or 4 people who could benefit fully from wish, just cast it). Being a premade on vent is immensely beneficial, but even Pubbing you can be a great asset to your team.

Damoclese

11-23-2009

I guess I have not really played against many good people then.. I can solo very well. But not so well vs specific match ups.. I don’t really over push because of ganks tho. Anyway: games these days tend to be kinda short. Almost always ends in a 25 min surrender. That’s lie 2 or 3 items if you get a few kills and have only died once or twice. Not really much of a choice to be honest… If a game does go to the 5th or 6th item then I suppose it would be a bit of a decision, however I have yet to get to such a point.. $/..

As to the build I am planning to go 9/0/21 for the 9%. I alrdy have 5.something at lvl 18 due to runes. Kinda sucks that 40% is the cap… I mean whats the point if you can get 2 items that do it for you $/.. Early game closeness to cap I suppose… I get the locket if we still have some towers in the field to push, I get the shroud if its nothing but 5 man ganks going on.. Then I get the frozen heart for armor because they almost always target me first.

Edit: I usually run with a Sion who grabs the Soul Shroud anyway so... Its a lot harder to be cordinated with pugs... I once told this guy I am geting Mana manip then going Soul Shroud. He called me a n00b and told me to stfu.. Later he firstblooded into 6 more deaths soon after and fed their cho'gath and we got rickrolled... ...

Nullname

11-23-2009

Best Soraka guide out; def. approved.

robit

11-23-2009

Awesome guide, definitely helped get some wins! I had a lot of success with nunu as a lane partner.

thegamenet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-24-2009

This is a sweet ass guide, I have added it into the Lol Wiki (www.thelolwiki.com) and gave you full credit.

nice work man.

Ethernia

11-24-2009

Awesome guide, Soraka went from frustrating to game winning.

Very nice work

123456 ... 11