Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


[Guide] Soraka, the Support Monster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matthew21210

Senior Member

04-17-2010

Quote:
Ben0it:
Hi, is this guide up to date?

No. No it is not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

Senior Member

04-17-2010

Quote:
Matthew21210:
No. No it is not.


Yeah, this was written quite some time ago. There are a number of changes that should be accounted for (Spirit Visage, for example). Additionally, this was written before I was fully leveled and runed out, so some of my decisions would be different, but I haven't played Soraka much lately (mostly because Executioners made her unviable for the longest time, during which time I changed my play choices a lot). However, the basic set up is more or less viable. Stack Auras, and you'll do well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lilnejcha

Junior Member

04-18-2010

Quote:
wildfire393:
Yeah, this was written quite some time ago. There are a number of changes that should be accounted for (Spirit Visage, for example). Additionally, this was written before I was fully leveled and runed out, so some of my decisions would be different, but I haven't played Soraka much lately (mostly because Executioners made her unviable for the longest time, during which time I changed my play choices a lot). However, the basic set up is more or less viable. Stack Auras, and you'll do well.



Would you please take some time to update it, or someone??

I've struggled a lot to find a character that works well for me and I'm LOVING!! Soraka right now - is there another support class that replaced her I should be checking out?

This is the only guide that seems even marginally up to date and active out of the 3 total on the forums here. -.- If its possible I'd love to hear how your experience with other characters has changed your build. Stacking aura's sounds good, are you still maxing starcall or did you end up going with the other recommended 1 starcall then infuse/astral/wish to max?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainDJFalcon

Junior Member

04-18-2010

You've basically made an aura Soraka build. Good job you made a ****ty version of Sivir.
Intervening locket is necessary for Soraka; it turns all her abilities into healing abilities and gives her tremendous healing and laning potential. I do agree with some of your items because Soraka almost always becomes the target in team fights. She needs hp and defense to survive. However, she also needs ap to become a great support. Your ideas are alright but I think your perspective is skewed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

Senior Member

04-18-2010

Quote:
CaptainDJFalcon:
You've basically made an aura Soraka build. Good job you made a ****ty version of Sivir.
Intervening locket is necessary for Soraka; it turns all her abilities into healing abilities and gives her tremendous healing and laning potential. I do agree with some of your items because Soraka almost always becomes the target in team fights. She needs hp and defense to survive. However, she also needs ap to become a great support. Your ideas are alright but I think your perspective is skewed.


As I've said, I wrote this guide some time ago, and since then I've improved quite a bit.

Honestly, the #1 item I'd suggest for Soraka right now would be Abyssal Scepter. It gives her an aura with more of a MR debuff to go with her Starcall, AP to power her heals, and MR for survivability.

But you are right, the character I played a lot of when I stopped playing regular Soraka was Sivir. I'm still not fond of Innevating Locket, simply because it's so expensive for what it does. But since there seems to be a call for an up-to-date guide for Soraka, I'm going to pick her up again and see what's working now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SungKim

Junior Member

04-18-2010

if you want to play soraka as a FULL support character (which is what she should be played as), AP is a necessary. i don't know what the hell the op was saying about soraka not needing AP. no AP = weak heals. and weak heals means more chance of teammates dying.

also, more AP = stronger infuse, which means you're able to damage your enemies more and having to try less to finish an enemy off.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

Senior Member

04-18-2010

Quote:
SungKim:
if you want to play soraka as a FULL support character (which is what she should be played as), AP is a necessary. i don't know what the hell the op was saying about soraka not needing AP. no AP = weak heals. and weak heals means more chance of teammates dying.

also, more AP = stronger infuse, which means you're able to damage your enemies more and having to try less to finish an enemy off.


If you would read anything from the past two pages, this guide is out of date, written back when I sucked, and in serious need of a revamp. I'd just like to get a few more recent Soraka games under my belt before I do so.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

Senior Member

04-18-2010

Updated with changes I know need to be made and a Work In Progress section on items until I get that worked out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

purenergy

Junior Member

04-18-2010

hello have been playing Soraka and well find taking meki pendent working it to nashor's tooth get merc. boots early and trying to figure out what else to get might try your updated guide but these items seem to work in premade or pug am currently 4 defense 19 utility in masteries and runes are working on but mana Reagen for seals and cd reductions for glyphs still trying to decide on marks to get would like some clues so any advice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

Senior Member

04-19-2010

Quote:
purenergy:
hello have been playing Soraka and well find taking meki pendent working it to nashor's tooth get merc. boots early and trying to figure out what else to get might try your updated guide but these items seem to work in premade or pug am currently 4 defense 19 utility in masteries and runes are working on but mana Reagen for seals and cd reductions for glyphs still trying to decide on marks to get would like some clues so any advice.


Nashor's Tooth is largely a waste, as the attackspeed is a stat you're paying for but not really using.

Lately I've been having a fair amount of success going:
Start Mana Manipulator
Basic Boots, Catalyst the Protector
Mercury Treads, Innervating Locket

I used to bash the locket for being too expensive, but the effect it gives on the early game is invaluable. You basically will never have mana issues until you hit level 16 and start needing 450 mana every 45 or so seconds for level 3 wish, and if the game goes to 16 then you're not doing your job. Just with these items, your team should be able to barrel down mid, taking towers left and right as you outlast the other team. Throw out heals and Infuses where you see fit, and spam Starcall as much as possible to keep Locket activated.

If for some reason the game goes longer, there are a number of other options based on the team compositions. Soul Shroud adds HP and AOE regen and CDR, which is great for caster-based teams. Abyssal Scepter is also great for these teams, as it provides MR and a -MR aura, which stacks with your Starcall's debuff. Aegis of the Legion never hurts if no one else has it, as the defensive increases are fairly major and stack with your passive and astral blessing. Stark's Fervor benefits a heavy-Physical team if no one has picked it up yet. Frozen Heart is your go to against heavy physical teams. Tear of the Goddess is a great item to rush early if you can afford it, as you will easily charge it full and later it can turn into an Archangel's Staff for over 100 HP, which is as good as two more levels in your Astral Blessing and better than another level of your Wish. Try and make sure your team fits Spirit Visage into their build, they'll thank you later.


For marks, I've been running with Magic Pen, as it adds a little bit of damage to Starcall and Infuse. There really isn't a great Mark for Soraka. AP gives a bit of extra healing, and anything else she would want (defenses, mp/5, CDR) is so secondary that it's not really worth filling marks with.