Newbs in Ranked ....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExEmPlorY

11-17-2012

Generally speaking, as long as you're happy with your performance, that's all that should matter. There's always room to improve on and blaming your teammates is just taking the easy way out. You must understand that statistically speaking you'd end up with bad players sometimes but more often than not, the enemy team will have some as well. Just keep on trucking!

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag0nBread View Post
So the majority of people, who play for fun, should have to suffer under your harassment just because you want to win? Well allow me to retort.
1. This game was made to be fun; if you are not having fun you're doing something wrong.
2. Harassing other players causes them to play WORSE not better. So if you really wanted to win you would be polite and not a jerk .
I'll respond to 2 first. No it doesn't. Someone being a dickbag to me doesn't make me play worse. I just ignore them and continue playing.

To your first point: No. I'm not doing something wrong. When I play ranked, I play to win. If you want to go first time Anivia bottom lane because I called mid, more power to you. Go to it in Normal queue. But don't **** up my Elo because you want to dick around. I'm fine with losing if it's a close game. But I don't enjoy winning my lane and losing my game. That frustrates me. If we lose because we played badly (whether all of us, myself, or the rest of my team), I will always feel frustrated. That isn't fun to me. Losing because the enemy played better - sure. That'll be a fun, hard fought win. But just people doing stupid **** makes me really, really angry. I'm losing Elo because my teammates are playing above their level - how is that doing something wrong? How am I supposed to enjoy that?

Yourcatmolested

11-17-2012

Honestly, in my eyes, you shouldn't flame people, but at the same time, this isn't a game to play to have fun rather than win. You should do both. Never just one. It's a competitive game, so naturally people get pissed at other people when they aren't up to par with the rest of the team.

Sephrinx

11-17-2012

Welcome to summoners rift.
Where everyone is an idiot and noob. No one cares about anything. And no matter what, it's YOUR fault they died.

Drag0nBread

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
I'll respond to 2 first. No it doesn't. Someone being a dickbag to me doesn't make me play worse. I just ignore them and continue playing.

To your first point: No. I'm not doing something wrong. When I play ranked, I play to win. If you want to go first time Anivia bottom lane because I called mid, more power to you. Go to it in Normal queue. But don't **** up my Elo because you want to dick around. I'm fine with losing if it's a close game. But I don't enjoy winning my lane and losing my game. That frustrates me. If we lose because we played badly (whether all of us, myself, or the rest of my team), I will always feel frustrated. That isn't fun to me. Losing because the enemy played better - sure. That'll be a fun, hard fought win. But just people doing stupid **** makes me really, really angry. I'm losing Elo because my teammates are playing above their level - how is that doing something wrong? How am I supposed to enjoy that?
So you ignore someone if they are harassing you. You now have lost communication with this person, can no longer work well with them, and have sabotaged your teams synergy. It doesn't matter, harassment from other players effect you directly and indirectly. Even if your individual play does not suffer your team play does.

And yet again you are doing something wrong. If you are not having fun then why are you even playing? You can get angry at a game here and there, I get pissed off at league from time to time, but I'm having fun the majority of the time I play, even when I'm losing. I can understand wanting to win in ranked to raise your elo, but you need to realize elo means NOTHING. Elo is just a little thing to make you feel like you're gaining something when you play. You and other people have such a weird obsession with elo. What do you really get when you get up in elo? You get to play with better people? Get to talk **** and act superior to those lower elo than you? Tell me why is gaining elo so important?

TheCrazyJames

11-17-2012

I honestly hate it. I'm always doing great and the other "players" are doing eh.

MaryBerry92

11-17-2012

Yup same for me. Gotta try and stay positive and keep on playing