AP Jungles... who would you recommend?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterAJ42 View Post
Hehe. I know people will get mad at me for saying this, but I've tried it many times and it works well. AP Karma jungling. The clear time is amazing, the sustain is great, and without an ult, she's pretty easy to do it with. The problem is really that the ganks are horrible. She has a slow. That's it. But it works, and its fun to do for laughs.

There's a difference between being able to clear the jungle and being an effective jungler.

Karma can clear the jungle and farm the jungle just fine... But she's also not going to be able to help lanes score kills except in extreme situations.

Lazy8s

11-25-2012

I am trying Diana and really struggling. If I go cloth+5 I clear well, but then I have no hp regen or sustainability and the rest of the game I sit at 80% hp and it sucks for ganks.

Stomper

11-25-2012

Nautilus, if you consider him AP. Can't forget Nautilus.

A lot of people are suggesting off-beat junglers like Karthus. Not to be a negative nancy, but let's be real. Karthus is going to get wrecked by a "real" jungler. I'm not saying you can't do well with Karthus, I'm saying that if a jungle Karth goes up against a jungle Mumu with equal skill level, my money's on the Mumu.

Shinomi

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
There's a difference between being able to clear the jungle and being an effective jungler.

Karma can clear the jungle and farm the jungle just fine... But she's also not going to be able to help lanes score kills except in extreme situations.
Not exactly true, one of the things about Karma, is that you don't gank like a normal person would. She excels at knowing her limits on health and baiting the enemy into you and using your shield and heal to pull them into a fight that they can't actually win. One of the things about Karma is that she excels at being down in a fight, her heal heals percentage lost, her AP goes up the lower her HP and she can heal herself along with allies.

The slow is actually pretty strong and she can dish out very good damage for a support, if your laner has a slow she can also be a beast, you throw an extra support into a lane essential, and one of the highest damage supports.

orc72

11-25-2012

jungle akali is amazing as soon as she hits 6. with red buff you can pretty much constantly gank and get kills.

Etherimp

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinomi View Post
Not exactly true, one of the things about Karma, is that you don't gank like a normal person would. She excels at knowing her limits on health and baiting the enemy into you and using your shield and heal to pull them into a fight that they can't actually win. One of the things about Karma is that she excels at being down in a fight, her heal heals percentage lost, her AP goes up the lower her HP and she can heal herself along with allies.

The slow is actually pretty strong and she can dish out very good damage for a support, if your laner has a slow she can also be a beast, you throw an extra support into a lane essential, and one of the highest damage supports.

I know how Karma works. That doesn't change the fact that her ganks are extremely weak. When you show up in a lane it's 3v2, and most SMART enemies are going to be running away toward their turret.

How are you going to stop them? Slow them? What if they dive into a bush? You have no gap closer, and your slow is targeted... So now you have to wait for them to come out the other side of the bush to land your slow, which means they're near turret.. Now what, are you going to tower dive? The only way you're going to land your Shield bomb is if you target it on an ally minion, or yourself, or your allies.. The only way you can do this is if those targets are all in range.. Your only other abilities is your heal/fan throw.. Which won't be enough damage to kill someone, or even put them in the danger zone. That, and you have to be in medium/close range to even use it.

I like Karma a lot, but lets be realistic about her limitations. Compared to any Tier 1 jungler, she's simply not viable.

Valeor

11-25-2012

I love how people here call Skarner an AP jungle.. wut?