Doing "tons of damage" to structures... as AP???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Insipid Lipid

11-17-2012

So I was playing as Twisted Fate last game, and I had massive amounts of AP. Like, 1435 massive. If anyone wants to know, it's 5 Archangel's and a Rabadon's. Anyway, I started attacking turrets and inhibitors, and I was doing 637 damage each hit. Due to my Nashor's Tooth and Malady, my attack speed was quite high, and I destroyed every building I attacked in seconds. My first impression was that my AP was somehow being converted to structure damage in a partial ratio. I won, of course, but I was just wondering what's up. Thanks!

Izeo

11-17-2012

You do the higher between your AD and like 40% of your AP when auto attacking turrets (otherwise AP champs could get fed all they want and never be able to push towers when they're the only one left alive)

David Hume

11-17-2012

That's intended, if poorly documented, behavior. If your AP is higher than your bonus AD, some percent of it is converted to bonus damage vs. structures.

HopIntoMyVan

11-17-2012

How did you have 5 Archanglers, a Rabadons, Nashors tooth and a Malady's with only 6 items slots?

Clovve

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopIntoMyVan View Post
How did you have 5 Archanglers, a Rabadons, Nashors tooth and a Malady's with only 6 items slots?
Was just about to ask that.

Insipid Lipid

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopIntoMyVan View Post
XD

Wow, I guess I was just tired when I posted this. I had a few games in a row, and every one of them except the archangel's one I had Nashor's and malady. I guess the change didn't completely register in my brain. Sorry about that.

Alkavas

11-18-2012

Also, it sounds like you're playing a custom game. Keep in mind that structures gain strength the more players there are in a game, so if it's just you farming minions to see how high you can get your AP, the towers are going to have next to no health. You'll rip through them almost instantly.

Insipid Lipid

12-01-2012

Alright, thanks for the info everyone, question answered.

Eunson

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loversknot View Post
Also, it sounds like you're playing a custom game. Keep in mind that structures gain strength the more players there are in a game, so if it's just you farming minions to see how high you can get your AP, the towers are going to have next to no health. You'll rip through them almost instantly.
If someone was to DC, in a 5v5 match, would the towers become weaker?